[ 40. epilogue ]

| y/n's pov |

Five years later

I SIGHED IN relief as the front door unlocked and I stepped inside the house.

Our cat ran up to me and started purring as she rubbed against my leg.

"Hey, baby." I smiled as I patted her head. "Did you miss me?"

I locked the front door and stood up properly before walking through to the kitchen.

I could hear the familiar sound of piano keys being played and stopped in the kitchen, putting my bags down on the counter before walking further into the house.

It was a Friday, which was the day Jesse had off. But the house was never this calm or quiet when I got home.

As I approached Jesse's 'office', as he called it, I noticed the door was ajar. So I got closer and pushed the door open.

From where in the room the piano was, Jesse had his back to me. I then discovered why the house was so quiet.

Jesse was sat at the piano, and sitting beside him on the stool was Elliott, our five-year-old son who Jesse convinced me to name after the kid from E.T..

"And then press this one." Jesse guided Elliott's left hand across the piano and pressed down on a key.

Jesse had our one-year-old daughter, Allison, sitting on his lap and wrapped in his right arm. She, of course, was named after Ally Sheedy's character in The Breakfast Club.

Every time Allison reached for the keys, Jesse would gently lower her arms and press a kiss to her cheek.

"No, baby, you can have your turn later." I could hear him whisper as Elliot played a few keys back and forth. "Daddy's trying to teach your brother how to play first."

She just grabbed his nose and babbled along.

As Elliott repeated a few different keys, Jesse grinned at him.

"Nice job, buddy." He high-fived Elliott and carefully put Allison down on the ground next to the piano stool. She looked up at me and grinned, giggling as she used the stool to pull herself up.

She took a few shaky steps toward me before slowly falling down. She just kept on giggling before just crawling over to me.

I crouched down and Jesse turned his head.

"Alli, where are you going?" He spoke in that baby voice that made me laugh every time I heard it. "Oh, Y/N, hey."

I scooped Allison up into my arms and stood up again.

"Mommy!" Elliott jumped to his feet, leaving the piano to run up to me. Jesse stood up and walked up to me.

He wrapped his arm around me. "I didn't hear you get home, babe."

I smiled and greeted him with a kiss on the lips.

"Was Daddy teaching you to play the piano?" I asked Elliott and he nodded enthusiastically. "Aren't you too little?"