Chapter 12: Fireworks

As Calli was spending time with you at your house, she received a text message.

"Your parents going to be out of town?"

Calli: "Yeah, they're visiting some friends in the city. Not gonna lie, I really enjoy having time to myself. Hey, you want to go see the fireworks that are happening tonight?"

"Uh, absolutely! The Fireworks are another thing this town loves. Believe me when I say the sky lights up in a way that makes it look magical."

Calli: "I believe you. So, do you want to go to the park to watch it, or should we just watch from our neighborhood?"

"Let's watch it from the park. However, we should get there before 6 if we want to sit on the hill. That's the best place to watch the fireworks."

Calli: "Great. So do you want to hang around town before then?"

"Sure. It's been a while since we did that."

You and Calli left the house and went to your favorite places around town. You ordered some pizza, went to find a book at the library that looked somewhat interesting, and you looked for any games or movies that are available at the video store.

Calli: "Look at that, they made an animated show for Void Heart."

"Want to watch it?"

Calli: "Of course. I hope it's as good as the game."

You went to the park and sat on top of the hill to watch the fireworks. Soon, a lot of visitors came and sit down to wait for the fireworks.

The show soon began as the fireworks launched and lit up the sky. Everyone watched in amazement and even Calli was mesmerized by the fireworks.

Calli: "You were right. It's magical."

"It never stops looking magical. This town may not be like the city, but there are some things here that you have yet to experience."

Calli: "No doubt. I'm really thankful that I moved here. Because, I met you. And I love both this town and you."

You wrapped your arm around Calli and continued watching the fireworks.