Chapter 19: Fate Brought Us Together

You and Calli are in the forest setting up camp. You set up the tent while Calli gathered everything for the fire.

"It's been a long time since I was camping in these woods. It's nice to do it again."

Calli: "This time let's refrain from telling scary stories. Let's make this camping night wet pants free."

"Yeah," you said, laughing a little, "But hey, we got a ton of stories to tell to have fun."

Calli: "Yeah. Hey, want to go for a walk? It's pretty nice today."

"Sure."

You and Calli walked through the forest and went to a pond that has a deer drinking water from it. Calli took a picture of the deer before it looked at you.

You and Calli waved hi at it before it ran away.

Calli: "I think that's the first time I've seen a deer with my own eyes. It looked pretty."

"Yeah, one more good thing about this town. Animals don't mind coming near it."

Calli: "Yeah, cause there aren't so many cars and traffic. It is nice though that there aren't so many idiots driving."

"Yeah, although I think we should both know how to drive sooner rather than later."

Calli: "Yeah. My mom left a note on the fridge encouraging me to do that."

"Well, let's enjoy this day before it ends."

Calli nodded, and you continued walking until you reached a hill in the center of the forest. You walked to the top of it and saw both the city and the town from the sides of it.

Calli: "I can see the hill we hung out on a few times."

"This is quite a change from the sight we're used to."

Calli: "Here I am talking about our favorite places while you're acting cool like I did when I first moved here."

"Better to be a cool, knowledgeable guy than a geeky overly excited fan."

Calli: "If only ourselves from months ago could see us now."

"They'd be surprised differently. Maybe some things are better not knowing about until they happen."

Calli: "I couldn't agree more."

You and Calli went back to the campsite and started a fire before roasting marshmallows.

Calli: "This is surprisingly relaxing."

"Yeah. And this is before we make s'mores. Unless you want to eat the marshmallow by itself."

Calli: "No, I'm interested in making s'mores."

You and Calli made your s'mores and ate them before lying on the ground and watching the stars in the sky.

Calli: "I still feel like fate brought us together."

"Yeah. Me too."