worst day of my life

POV: Lilly*

*Date: Lilly's 4th Birthday*

As I woke up, I sensed something off about my back—it was very sore. I got up, went to the bathroom, and when I looked in the mirror, I screamed in surprise as I saw a pair of wings on my back. Mommy and Daddy came running into my room, so I decided to give them a little scare. I hid in the closet a few seconds before they opened my door.

"Lilly! We heard you scream! Are you alright?" my dad panicked when he didn't find me in bed. But as soon as my parents got closer, I burst out of the closet and shouted, "BOO!" They screamed a little, but their panic turned to relief when they saw it was me. Then, they noticed the two little wings on my back.

"Look, I got my quirk!" I said excitedly.

"I can see that, sweetie," my mom replied.

"Why don't you get dressed so we can visit the quirk doctor?" my dad suggested. I nodded, quickly putting on the dress with an open back to avoid hurting my wings.

(the dress)

---

I rushed down the stairs to meet my parents, but as I reached the bottom, I overheard my parents talking to each other in hushed voices. "She looks so much like Keigo," my dad remarked.

"I know, but it's not your fault your ex-wife sold him," my mom replied.

"Mama? Papa? Who's Keigo?" I asked, curious.

"No one, honey. Are you ready to go?" My mom smoothly changed the subject.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, eager to head out the door.

*(Time skip brought to you by an angie pom pom)*

We arrived at the doctor's office. "Lily Takami," announced the doctor.

"Here!" I said, standing up and walking over to the doctor. He led us into his room and conducted a few tests on me. After a few minutes, he returned with a creepy smile on his face. *Evil nomu doctor.*

"You have a very powerful quirk," he said. "The white wing on your left can heal anything, but I don't know the side effects yet. And the black wing on your right can drain people's energy," he explained.

"But I don't want to hurt anyone," I said, concerned.

"Oh sweetie, you don't need to use your right side," she reassured me, giving off Todoroki vibes.

"Will you have to come up with a name for your quirk because it is new," he inquired.

"I know, it can be an 'Angel's Blessing'," I suggested, thinking it was a great idea. The doctor checked it and said, "Sorry, that one's already taken. Anything else?"

"Hmm, how about 'Angel's Curse'?" I proposed. He looked that one up.

"Angel's Curse it is," he confirmed.

"Why the name 'Angel's Curse'?" Mom asked, intrigued.

(this time skip is brought to you by a happy angle)

Upon arriving home, I shared my newfound quirk with my dad, and the day continued with presents and cake. However, an unexpected revelation unfolded during the celebration.

"Happy birthday, Keigo," my dad said to me, his words ringing with an unsettling familiarity.

"Who is Keigo?" I inquired, sensing something was amiss. His expression shifted to one of fear.

"No one, sweetie," he responded, attempting to mask the truth.

"Stop lying!" I exclaimed, frustration welling up within me.

"I'm not lying, sweetie," he insisted, his voice shaky.

"Maybe we should tell her about him?" my mom suggested cautiously. I agreed, my curiosity demanding answers. With a sigh, my dad motioned for us to sit down on the couch. As we settled in, they began to explain the story of my dad's ex-wife, who had surrendered their son, Keigo, to the hero commission. Keigo was now on the way of becoming a pro hero at the age of 16.

"W-Why would she do that?" I asked, a mix of fear and confusion coursing through me. It was at this moment that I felt my quirk slipping out of control, and both of my parents suddenly collapsed.

Panicked, I sprinted to the phone and dialed the police. "Hello, what's your emergency?" the voice on the other end inquired.

"I-I-I think I lost control of my quirk, and now my parents are knocked out," I stammered, my words tumbling over each other.

"Okay, I will send someone over to help right away. What's your address?" the dispatcher asked, maintaining her calm.

"#########" I provided.

"Alright, help is on the way," she assured me.

"Thank you," I managed to say before ending the call with a sense of urgency. (>:D)

A few minutes later, a knock echoed through the door. I opened it, finding a man who appeared rather disheveled standing on the other side. Then, in a bizarre turn of events, his hair seemed to defy gravity, standing on its own, and his eyes turned an ominous shade of red.

"Hello, I am here to help you. Where are your parents?" he inquired with a calm demeanor. I began to respond, but suddenly, dizziness consumed me, and everything went dark.

Dadaw- I mean Aizawa's POV:

I observed as the girl tried to speak, but only silence emerged, followed by an unsteady swaying. Swiftly, she collapsed, and just before her head could make contact with the ground, I caught her, ensuring her safety. Gently, I settled her into a comfortable seat and began my search for her parents. I located them in the living room and proceeded to check their pulses. While the father's condition appeared stable, the mother's fate was less fortunate. Regrettably, my intervention came too late for her. Hastily, I summoned an ambulance and arranged for their transportation to the hospital. As I made these arrangements, a growing sense of concern for this little girl's future gnawed at me, especially considering the possible consequences of her quirk.

(A time skip, brought to you by a cat fretting over a little angel.)

Upon the father's awakening, confusion clouded his expression. It fell to me to offer a detailed explanation, outlining the events that had transpired. As he absorbed the information, his eyes grew heavy with sorrow. "Lilly, I am so sorry," he murmured, his pain palpable. "If it's alright, I need to begin making arrangements for my wife's funeral."

"I don't mind," I assured him, allowing him the space he needed.

1035 words