CLOSED OFF

A week after the encounter with Dan, Luke had -unsurprisingly - disappeared into thin air again

A week after the encounter with Dan, Luke had -unsurprisingly - disappeared into thin air again. It seemed to be the one thing he was good at these days. CJ tried not to take it personally, after all, Luke did give her some kind of explanation as to what role Dan played in his life. CJ understood that Luke might be scared of him, even if he claimed not to be, and that after what Dan did to her - he probably figured that not seeing her anymore was the way to go. She'd think the same if she was in his place. But she was disappointed because she had to admit that she enjoyed his presence the last few times they saw each other. CJ liked his caring side and she wished it could be the only side she'd ever see.

But things don't always go the way we want them to.

So that's how CJ, Michael and Jules found themselves partying with Calum and Ashton again. The group met at a bar downtown, more than ready to get shitface drunk. Or at least CJ was.

Without even talking about it, they were all aware of the situation between CJ and Luke - but they kept quiet about it. CJ's friends didn't know what Luke's friends knew and vice versa. CJ was grateful that no one said a word about it because she didn't know what to think and she didn't want to talk about it - tonight was about forgetting it. At least until the next time Luke popped up in her life with his baby blue eyes and way too inviting pink plump lips.

After downing another vodka shot with Calum, the image of Luke's lips on hers was suddenly gone from her mind - replaced with the image of Calum's impressed expression in front of her. She slammed the shot back on the bar, wiping the excedent that rested on his lips with the back of her hand.

"How did that one feel?" Calum chuckled, slowly putting his own down, "One step closer to black out drunk?"

CJ sighed, looking around them. "Not even close enough to it."

Calum waved to the bartender, asking for more shots. "Then we're only just getting started." She smiled at his response, taking shots after shots with him. Michael, Ashton and Jules stood next to them sipping on their drinks while discussing and staring at them amused.

Eventually, when Calum and CJ were stumbling messes, they decided to head to the dancefloor together. Ashton and Michael made jokes, amused about the two. Jules looked all around them with her drink to her lips, her smile fading as she caught sight of a particular man in the corner of the room - near where Calum and CJ were headed.

She tapped Michael and Ashton's shoulders, "What the fuck is Luke doing here?" They abruptly turned to her with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what the hell she was on about. Michael had been hanging out with the boys earlier and he heard Luke turn them down about going out. She nodded over to Luke, "Right there!"

Both looked in Luke's direction, taking in the sight of him standing very closely with a tall blonde girl who twirled her hair between her fingers while fake laughing at Luke. Jules assumed it was fake because she never ever heard Luke being funny - so no way she was actually laughing at his jokes. His arms were wrapped around her waist, one hand more loosely wrapped as he held a beer in it.