Quite the Catch~ (Limentio)

Siren!Dimentio × Pirate!Mr.L

Prompt: Mr.L is a pirate on a ship with the rest of his crew. One day, as they're looting another ship on the water, the two boats are attacked by sea monsters. Mr.L abandons ship and is sent adrift on a chunk of wood from the boat. As Mr.L struggles to find a way back to land, he finds himself being stalked by one of the sea monsters that attacked the boats.

Requested by Luigi705.

(A few brief mentions of beer, and implied swearing.)

(Also, this one might seem a bit OOC bc of Dim & L never meeting prior to this, so, I just worked with what I got. 😅)

----------

Mr.L's POV:

I gasped as soon as my head breached the surface of the cold waters, my lungs just about ready to burst after being underwater for so long. Coughing out the salty liquid, I practically had to peel my eyes open with how bad it stung. The cold air slapping my tired face was the only thing keeping me awake and afloat, preventing me from letting my exhaustion take over. If I were a lesser man, I would've been swallowed up by the horrible ocean I was barely keeping afloat in. However, Mr.L is in fact NOT a lesser man!

"Grambi-!" I cursed as a wave rolled over my head, making me sputter out even more water once it passed. 

My head was water-logged from being under the surface for too long, making trying to jog my memory of recent events more difficult than it needed to be. However, glancing around myself at all of the scattered and broken planks of wood just floating in the water everywhere within about a mile, it didn't take much for my brain to get a hint. 

I caught one glimpse of the familiar flag of the now-destroyed boat floating around in the water, tattered and charred, and that's all it took to remember everything that had happened. Everything had gone down so fast, and it was time for me to walk myself through it step-by-step so I could process what in The UNDERWHERE had happened...

----------

----- Approximately Half An Hour Ago -----

----------

"Hoist the flag, commanded Captain Bleck!" The Captain bellowed, his sword drawn and pointed upward.

I quickly responded with a salute as I gripped the course rope that led up to the flag on the wooden mast. With a few heaves, I pulled the flag bearing a skull and crossbones up high for the ship we were attacking to see, letting them know that their minutes were numbered.

My fellow crewmates cheered as I wiped the sweat away from below my green bandana, smirking as I did. I rushed to the edge of the ship, my baggy black shirt blowing in the salty breeze as I got a good view of what we were dealing with. 

The boat we now had cornered looked to be a cargo ship, and a pretty decent-sized one, too. Their flag made it known that they belonged to a place called Flipside Harbor, an outpost where any and all people came and went. We'd been chasing them down for the past two hours, and now we were going in for the kill. With all of the crates that could be on board, we'd have plenty of food for the whole crew for months!

Me and a few of my other crewmates lined ourselves up against the railing of the ship, grinning ear-to-ear in anticipation as we came closer and closer to the doomed cargo ship. The Captain tapped his gem-encrusted hilt sword to the railing, signaling us all to stand by as his first mate pulled us in.