Chapter 21

The video went viral. Actually, it went more than viral.

"Fans surround Berlin hotel that rock band Ghost is allegedly staying in hours after a sensational video was leaked of what appears to be two members singing one of their new songs. We have reached out but have yet to receive a statement. More on this after the break," the TV went silent as it clicked off.

"Well. It worked," Terzo stated in bewilderment, running his hand through his hair. Faint chants and screaming poured in through the window that was closed and had the curtains drawn. My heart pounded in my chest as I restlessly tapped my foot. I was leaning against the wall, anxiously picking at my nails which were practically non-existent at this point. Cumulus yanked Swiss back from poking his head out the window.

"I guess it's safe to say we have at least one more album before people get tired of us," Swiss commented, making Phantom snicker. Sunshine smacked his arm, shutting him up.

"How the HELL are we going to get out of here tonight?" Rain asked. He brought up a good point. We didn't have a security team at our hotels, only at the concert venues.

"Kevin called in a few favors from some of his contacts here. There's a team on the way for tonight and the next couple of days. And then our US team is flying out to finish the European leg with us before we head overseas," Terzo answered, seemingly unphased. From my eye's permanent position on the ceiling in the middle of the room, I could see that he kept glancing at me.

"Can we address the elephant in the room? These two have changed the game. This is getting far bigger than any of us ever imagined it would. They're going to want more," Sodo stated, jerking his thumb in my direction. Copia was next to me. In fact, he hadn't left my side since last night.

After I had admitted my love for him, Cumulus returned and interrupted the moment. She insisted on posting the video immediately. We went back upstairs to keep an eye on how it was doing for a bit, expecting to watch it slowly rise for a little while before we went to bed. I waited anxiously for another moment alone with Copia, but as the views climbed the video started showing up everywhere on other platforms with people speculating about all sorts of things. Soon enough, everyone was showing up at my door to join us. Hours later, here we all were.

"So we announce a new album. Right?" Cumulus spoke up, glancing between Copia and Terzo. Terzo looked to Copia, waiting to hear what he had to say. Copia turned to look down at me, trying to read my face and gauge what I was thinking. I looked around at the room, everyone's eyes now on me. My face was hot and my head was spinning. Alas, deep down I knew that I had gotten myself too far in now to back away.

"I don't think they'll take no for an answer," I finally spoke up. The room broke out into excited chatter as I slinked back further into the wall, wishing I could somehow disappear into a different universe. I felt Copia's arms snake its way around me, pulling me tightly against him. My knees buckled as I felt lightheaded, and my hands gripped his shirt trying to keep myself upright. My chest started to tighten as the anxiety that had been lingering found its moment to attack. "I need to sit down," I muttered weakly. Sodo, Rain, and Mountain who had been sitting on my bed stood up immediately, moving out of the way so that I could sit down.

"Why don't we all try to get a little sleep? We have a show tonight," Copia announced. Everyone seemed to agree, slowly shuffling out of my room. When the door finally closed, silence filled the air. I exhaled deeply, fighting the urge to stare at the wall and disassociate. Copia climbed into my bed, gently guiding me into his lap so that I could snuggle into his chest. His arms wrapped around me tightly as I melted into him.

"Copia?" my voice broke the silence.

"Yes, my love?" he cooed, stroking my hair. My body tingled at his words.