7.

Ahaan's POV -

"Ahaaaaaaaannnnn" this voice irritates the hell out of me.

"What now Manya?"

"I just wanted to ask if we can go on a sunset cruise?"

"We can't. I'm sorry."

"How can you say no to a sunset cruise Ahaan? I thought you love sunsets."

"I'm saying no to the company." I mumbled.

"You said something?"

"I said I have got a headache so not today please."

"Whenever I make plans to spend time together, you have got a headache."

Yeah your voice is the reason.

Manya

She's my father's friend's daughter, the friend who helped me in settling in New York.

Uncle and aunty are very sweet. Manya is good too but sometimes she annoys me so much.

I don't like those girls who only talk about boys, their relationships and how they're trying their level best to seduce them but can't.

Can you keep quiet for like 5 minutes at least?

Also, those who immediately change the pitch and tone of their voice whenever they see their crush around.

Major turn-off.

Don't do that.

We boys aren't blind to not notice these things.

"Ahaan? Are you listening to me?" Manya shouted.

"No"

Someday I'll throw her from the terrace of this building.

"You're so annoying"

"Look who's saying" I chuckled.

"I'm not talking to you"

"Never been more happy. Good night Manya." She huffed at my response and left my apartment.

Yeah I don't live with my uncle. Initially, I used to live with them, but then Manya decided to invade my privacy by entering my room at most inappropriate hours.

She used to roam around in my room at 3 a.m.

What are you? Malini from Raaz?

Idiot chudail.

After 2 months, I looked for a decent apartment and shifted here.

We still have 1.5 years left to return to India.

My home.

~xxx~

"Hi"

"Ahaan where are you?" I heard Rohan's voice from the other side of the phone.

"I'm sleeping"

"With"

"With?"

"With whom you're sleeping motherfucker?" He shouted.

"With my pillow. On my pillow with a blanket. Are you drunk?" I groaned in annoyance.

"Oh"

"What oh?"

"I just saw Manya's story, I thought you were with her. I'm telling you I won't accept her as my bhabhi"

"I've already decided your bhabhi. You've met her too" I smiled remembering 'her'.

"The one who rejected you?"

"SHUTUP"

"Okay. Good night. Sleep well buddy." He said and ended the call.

I won't be able to sleep now.

I went to the kitchen and took out the coffee packets she gave me.

While making coffee, I remembered the time when I saw her for the first time.

When you first fall for someone, the feeling is very different. You don't think about whether you've got a future with them or not or will your parents accept that person or not. It's all about the soft corner you've for that person, the way his/her presence makes you warmth.

For me, first love is special because of its uniqueness, purity and honesty. I'm very proud that she's my first and maybe last, who knows.

I'm not a 'dating' person. They say love is sacrifice and I believe that.

I'm sure that if she's destined for me, I'll meet her again, I'll bring all the change in me to be the perfect man for her.

~xxx~

I was working on a startup function as my final year project, which included collecting data from various social media data streams and creating a personalized news recommender. It was fun. I was glued to my Mac for 8-9 hours a day to make the best project, even when there were no weekly checks, having this freedom is the best part. I won't have this freedom when I'm working for my own company.

I'm enjoying the process so much, that I still have to wait another half year for the output. Learning new things, and struggling every day to find jobs to survive in New York, I've never asked for money from my parents because I wanted to learn how to earn, save and spend money accordingly.

****
hi y'all

I'm thinking of double updates today.

not sure tho!

Vote | Comment

bye muah