20.

Aarohi's POV-

As usual, everyone was in an energetic mood. I wonder exactly where these people get so much from, that too in the morning.

I woke up & went to the kitchen to make coffee for myself.

The only thing I want right after waking up.

I can't function without coffee.

"Good morning Aarohi " Rohan bhai's cheerful voice startled me.

"Good morning bhai" I mumbled.

"Make a cup of black coffee for me too." He said and I just nodded.

I don't like speaking too much in the morning. I like to think about what I've done the previous day.

Just me and my thoughts.

No exchange of words.

"Aarohi"

"Yeah bhai"

"You okay?"

"Yes"

"Are you nervous?"

"About what?"

"Marriage" he replied in a duh tone.

"Whose marriage?"

"Yours dumbo"

That's when realisation hit me.
My wedding date will be announced today.

I'll be Mrs. Aarohi Malhotra soon.

Am I nervous?

A bit!

"Oh yes," I smiled sheepishly.

"So, tell me, how're you feeling right now?" He asked sipping his coffee.

When did I pour the coffee into these mugs?

"I poured the coffee, into these mugs, because you were too busy sleeping with your eyes open" he chuckled.

"I'm not a morning person...."

"Can see that!"

"Where's dadi and aunty?"

"They've gone to mandir"

"This early?"

"It's 8 am, Aarohi"

Exactly, it's just 8 a.m. I wanna sleep again.

"Do you want to delay this marriage thing?" He asked softly.

"No, no, it's just that I'm... I'm confused, I guess. Also, I've only seen failed marriages in my life, so I'm kind of scared." I told him and his body language changed but he composed himself immediately.

What happened?

"I've seen a failed marriage too, my parents had one."

"Same." I was too shocked hearing his reply but sensing his discomfort, I didn't continue the topic further.

"Aarohi, I don't know much about love and how these things work, but the only thing I know is, you're not alone. You've me. You've maa and dadi, with you. Also, I've seen the love Ahaan's eyes hold for you, I'm sure he'll always keep you happy. He'll provide you with both emotional and financial support, something that you want the most right now. If he ever troubles you, all you have to do is, call your brother. I'll not let you suffer alone." He completed patting my head, and I just nodded looking at him.

I'm still registering his words.

"I've seen a failed marriage, my parents had one"

He never shared this before.