9.

Ahaan's POV-

Master's ended on a good note, maa was there on the convocation day. Her face, her excitement and most importantly her presence made me happier.

My father was so happy and proud, he was on video call the whole time. I waited so long for this graduation day, when you wait for time to pass, it becomes too long, but now that graduation is done I have got a decent number of friends here and I don't wanna leave so soon.

~xxx~

"Ahaan I'll miss you so much," Manya said and tried to hug me.
Keyword- tried

I denied politely but then she decided to act like a brat.

"Why do you always push me away?" She whined.

"Manya, I don't want any conversation on this topic. Don't ruin my mood."

"Should I make your mood romantic then?" She winked.

Is she mad?

"Manya stop"

"Not today," she said seductively.

"Manya, stop or you'll regret it. If I'm not saying anything that doesn't mean I like you. I don't like you, not even as a friend now. Stay away." I said sternly.

"It's okay babe, I love you and my love will be enough for both of us"

"Out," I said.

"I don't like repeating myself, Manya. Out right now."

"You'll regret it." She said and left the apartment.

~xxx~

I'm returning to India today, My flight is at 3 pm and I'll reach there tomorrow. In these 3.5 years, I never got a chance to go there even for a week. Maybe because I busied myself too much. Maa along with Rohan and Shefali have come here 5-6 times to meet me.

They even surprised me on my 24th birthday when all of them said that my gift would be given to me whenever I would return and they were smiling too much. Legit too much. I wonder what's going on in their minds.

The three musketeers.

Last year two of my schoolmates got married and my parents want me to settle soon too.

What do I want?

I want my cafe girl back.

I hope I get to see her again. Just once.

Also who the fuck marries at 24?

~xxx~

"Ahaan, we'll miss you so much" my land lady said.

"I'll keep visiting you aunty don't worry" She smiled and patted my head.

Why is she patting my head?
What am I?
A dog?

Yeah a golden retriever.

I so want a golden retriever though.