XXX

Truffles didn't have nightmares.
He dreamt of nothing, the space of void calm and quiet.
Mm.
Something felt warm on him. He shifted to get comfortable, eyes still closed. Soft fur cushioned his face like a pillow would, pulse beneath it.
...Wait.
Truffles opened his eyes.
He was sleeping halfway on Flippy's chest, his ear pressed into one of his pecs. Below the skin and green fur beat a strong heart, each beat rhythmic like a drum marching to its own tune. Inhale, exhale, chest rising and falling. Flippy wasn't snoring this time despite being asleep still; his mouth hung open slightly like it usually would, his breath a breeze on the back of Truffles' mullet. And for a moment, the feline didn't move— he didn't want to.
His chest is so muscular... so shaped and broad. His neck fur is incredibly soft, like a kitten's fluffy nape. Even the breaths he takes sound so powerful; I can feel the strength in him, and we aren't even fighting each other. His future wife will love him, but for this moment, let me enjoy what I can't have.
Truffles nuzzled his head into Flippy's fur more, taking in the warmth and listening to his friend's heartbeat. The bear's breath tickled his ear, making him flick it from the feeling. Even as a tiger born an raised to do nothing but kill, he couldn't help but secretly enjoy the feeling of being held in someone's embrace. A feeling welled in this throat.
And for the first time in his life, he chuffed a purr; the noise vibrated his throat like a small motor. Flippy instantly woke up with a snort, blinking in confusion.

"BOMB?"

Truffles stopped unconsciously.
He thought my chuffing was a bomb vibrating, about to explode-! SHIT.
I... I can't let him know I enjoyed laying on his chest. He would hate me.
Pretending to just be awakening himself, Truffles shifted slightly and opened his eyes sleepily. Flippy stared back at him with a hard to read expression.
Uh oh.
Truffles immediately flung himself off, sitting up and dusting himself to get rid of the green fur strands that stuck on his uniform under shirt. Panicking inwardly that Flippy didn't like being slept on, he looked away in embarrassment and guilt.

"S-Sorry. I didn't realize I—"

"Good morning to you too, your highness," Flippy responded with soft amusement, smirking. He snickered as Truffles' face noticeably reddened at that.

"I-I... I told you not to call me that."

Flippy snorted.
The bear slowly sat up, huffed, and stretched himself. A satisfying CRACK! sounded as he popped his neck to the side, sighing with content. Truffles stood back as the bear got to his feet without haste, stretching his arms. He was wearing nothing but boxers.
Truffles looked away, feeling strange.
I didn't mean to look at... his bulge. Uh.
Truffles personally always wore boxers, shorts, and a t-shirt to bed; he was uncomfortable with his body showing. Most of it was out of silent fear that his uncle would take his innocence randomly in the night— his paranoia kept him prepared. Instinctively, he covered his crotch with his tail in modest subconsciousness.
O-Oh right... last night.

"Thank you for letting me stay," Truffles mumbled, still not daring to admire his friend's mostly exposed body any more than he accidentally had.

"No probs, Stripes. If anyone asks..."
Flippy winked.
"...Just say we slept together."

Truffles' face went bright red, and he faced Flippy with flustered indignation flaring.
"I—I am NOT telling—"

"—That there was HOT gay sex involved?" Flippy giggled deviously and dramatically posed. "SO much, and it was SOOO hot. Just don't forget to say 'no homo' after I c—"