XLIII

Ngh.
He wanted this feeling to last forever.
The false sensation of lips touching, the feeling of two bodies mixing as one, their hands interlocked with their minds beyond the physical exhaustion. In between the cavern of warmth and flesh of loving desire, Truffles lay pressed underneath his lover, admiring the figure above him.
Flippy, of course.
He wasn't even trying to hide it— there was no doubt that the feline had caught forbidden feelings that he knew would never likely be returned, but he silently yearned in quiet hope. Flippy stared down at him mischievously.

"When will you finally admit you like me, huh?"

Truffles smirked back.
"I thought that was gathered. After all, aren't I obvious to you?"

"I guess I did say that! Then,"
Flippy leaned closer, pressing his weight into Truffles' chest, uniform unzipped slightly. It made the tiger shiver from the feeling of being so close— and yet so far— from what he wanted: a romantic moment, just the two of them alone to talk about how they feel, actions put into words. It wasn't lust, no; it was love that he craved to put into the physical form, admiring every inch of his partner and breathing in the moment like a drug he was endlessly addicted to. He wanted their minds as one, and if for just a moment if that ever happened, Truffles would tell him all the ways he loved him, from his smile to the way he cared for others.
The bear's breath touched his ear as he whispered close.
"When will you admit you're mine?"

Truffles gasped at the question, flustered by the idea of being called someone's. It was never the claiming of another, but rather the protective love for one body in particular— here, it felt like he was being claimed, every fiber of him. And, surprisingly, Truffles realized he didn't mind the idea.
Yours...You as my beloved, I as yours.
I once was someone's, their object to abuse... but this is different. This is being someone's beloved. I want to be something you crave.
I AM someone. I am yours, Ursidae.

And right when Truffles leaned close to tell him the answer, the world around him sharply faded. He blinked in confusion and thought hard, trying to get reality to come back.
Something poked his side.
Then again.
...

Mmmnh?
Truffles sleepily arose out of unconsciousness, peeping open his eyes slightly. It was bright, and the sudden brightness made his eyes water; he shut them and tried to go to sleep again.
"Stripeees."

Truffles opened his eyes in confusion, ignoring the sting of the sun rays hitting his retinas upon awakening. He shifted himself, and with panic, realized he was sleeping curled next to his crush. The dream he was just having wasn't real, and reality was that he wasn't Flippy's. A sharp arrow of bittersweetness shot through his heart.
...Oh.
"You good?"

Truffles sat up and shifted himself away from Flippy, disconnecting their warm bridge of shared body heat. He grimaced in embarrassment.
"S-Sorry, when did I fall asleep?"

Flippy blinked at him.
"I honestly can't remember, just woke up to you sleeping on my belly."
He snorted in amusement, stifling a giggle.
"I'm guessing it was comfortable, because your fur is a mess."

Oh dear.
Truffles ruffled out his fur, combing his hair. He could feel the knots and tangles, and as he repaired the messy hair back to its normal clean state, he watched Flippy sit up and rub the bite mark on his upper thigh, itching it. The tiger observed him.
"...Does the wound still hurt?"

"Not anymore, just kinda itches. Itches like the world's biggest flea in a deluxe double dog park."

Truffles had no idea what that meant.
"...Do you feel better than before?"
He seems to be feeling better. He's talking more and not shaking like he was earlier.
...or yesterday. Or today? What time is it? How long did we sleep?