Chapter 2

Trigger Warnings: Panic attack

AN: Sorry for the short chapter

____________________

'But you can fix it!'

Donnie crossed his arms and looked away once more. He sighed softly and shook his head. "I'm... Not sure if I can.." He revealed.

Casey raised an eyebrow at Donnie, looking unamused, as if this were some sort of joke. He certainly wasn't laughing, however. "What are you talking about? You've made retro-mutagen before, right?"

The purple turtle looked away, rubbing his head and flapping his free hand in the air. "Well, yes, but-... But this is different. The mutagen didn't land on you, instead, it was injected into you." He explained.

Case frowned at this and looked at Donnie for a second.

"So... You can't fix me?" He questioned, his voice quiet.

Donnie fiddled with his hands. "Uh.. If I'm being completely honest... Probably not.."

He stiffened slightly when he heard a soft noise. He looked over, seeing as the opossum had begun to tear up, sniffling. His eyes widened and he reached out, trying to comfort him. "But I won't stop trying-!" He added.

Casey looked down, shaking slightly. "Wh... What about my family?" He asked, though didn't wait for a possible answer the turtle could come up with. Instead, he just kept going, spiraling into his thoughts. "Or Hockey? Or- Or-?"

"Donnie-" He looked up, tears overfilling his eyes. "Wha- What am I going to do?" He staggered, his body racking as he let out a strangled sob.

"Casey- Take a deep breath." Donnie ordered, sitting down on the bed, in front of him.

Casey sighed shakily but nodded, trying hard to focus on his breathing. Once he was steady enough, Don leaned forward and placed his head against Casey's, gently taking his paws in his own hands, the familiar touch being slightly comforting for Casey at the moment.

"I'll be with you every step of the way. You are not alone..." He promised.