Chapter 10: Pat and Ellie

First was her eyes. Now, her lips. Her soft, full, delicious lips.

Patricia thinks she's going insane because she simply can't stop thinking about Francesca's pretty brown eyes disappearing behind her long lashes as the older woman leans in and kisses her gently on the lips. She couldn't stop thinking about how Frans' lips felt against her own and how her stomach flipped; she didn't think her heart could beat any faster, hearing imaginary fireworks exploding in the background.

That's why the young brunette didn't go to the café the next day. She cannot face the woman without thinking of that magical kiss. She just knows how flustered she'll end up looking.

A day turned two, and now three, Patricia is kicking herself because the woman is now nowhere to be seen. God, Patricia thinks, Frans may have misinterpreted her avoidance, and the woman may now believe Patricia was uncomfortable and weirded out after the kiss, and the older woman will definitely come back.

Patricia had been running back and forth to the café throughout the day, her eyes searching for the pretty brown orbs, only to be disappointed. The corner booth was left empty and untouched.

"Just text her already," Kirstin said, frustrated to see her best friend unnecessarily suffer. "You have her number, for bloody sake." The blonde woman placed the younger one's ordered cold brew and croissant on the table, before squeezing into the couch across her. "End your misery."

The young brunette sighed, slouching further into the leathered seat. "I... I..."

Kirstin rolled her eyes and stretched out her arm. "Give me your phone, for bloody sakes, old Nan."

"No, I... I'll do it later—Hey! Hey, give me back my phone. Kirstin!" Patricia could only exclaim as Kirstin was quick to her feet, stealing them and walking away from the scowling brunette.

"Oh, c'mon."

"I'm helping you, mate," Kirstin took a couple of seconds to type on Patricia's phone, only returning it after she sent the message—a proud smirk painted on her face.

Patricia rolled her eyes and grabbed the phone from her best friend.

"You're welcome, by the way." The blonde walked back to the counter to cater to arriving customers.

Trish (10 Aug • 10:45 AM): Hey! Haven't seen you in a while. Everything's alright?

Patricia stared at her phone, waiting for Frans to respond. 

She swears she could feel her heart climbing up to her throat as she waited for a message notification to appear on her lock screen. She eventually reached for her cold brew and began drinking it, sipping through the straw as her leg bounced with anticipation. But the more caffeine gets in her system, the more nervous she becomes.

Kirstin smirked as she looked over at her best friend, who was staring helplessly at her blank screen on the table. She took out her phone and quickly texted her, pulling yet another cruel prank.

When her phone dinged, Patricia tossed her half-empty cup aside to grab her phone, only to see Kirstin's name with a "🤪🤪🤪" on it. Patricia whipped her head at the counter, glaring at her best friend, who simply snickered in amusement.

"Having fun at my misery?" she scowled and huffed as she slid her phone over to the table.

"Will you relax?"

"I hate you, you know that?"

"You love me," Kirstin went to her table to clean up her dishes. "That's enough coffee for you. I can feel your agitation in the kitchen, mate."