Chapter 13

Minji's POV

I cancelled the lunch with Hanni and
changed it to dinner instead because I had the urgent call from the hospital. I wanted to pick up Hanni but she insisted that she would drive here by herself just so I can prepare the food.

Just after I finished cooking, I heard knocks on the door. I quickly put the food on the plate, turned the stove off, and took my apron off before walking towards the door. I opened it and Hanni stood in front of me while smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey." She raised her hand, waving it in front of me.

"I'm really sorry for the late notice. I just finished with 2 surgeries and the last one took so long but luckily the surgery went successfully." I apologized to her once she entered my house.

"It's okay." She smiled then took off her shoes, "Is this your own house?!"

I nodded my head while glancing at her. She looked around and I could see that she was amazed by what she saw just like I did the first time I saw this house.

"Have you eaten anything?" I asked her worriedly then she sat down in front of me, "Come on, let's eat." "I ate bread earlier." she nodded her head and started eating her food.

"Bread again?!" I asked her surprised with my eyes opened widely, "It's almost 10 p.m!!"

"It's delicious!" She said, ignoring my
statement. "How come you only eat bread? What if I didn't call you?" I frowned while staring at her.

"This food is so delicious." She ignored me again and smiled widely as she continued eating her food in silence. "Stop worrying about me. I used to only eat bread at night you know." She replied and continued eating her food.

"You have to eat lunch and dinner with me starting from now on. You have to take care of yourself! What if you get sick and faint again?"

"You will take care of me, right? So I have nothing to worry." she looked up from her plate then smiled at me

I was stunned for a moment when our eyes met. She was staring deeply into my soul and it took my breath away. I could feel that my heart beating faster against my chest. I quickly shook my head then looked away from her.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" she asked, breaking the quietness.

"Right." I paused, "I'm Minji. Nice to meet you."

She chuckled and continued digging into her food, "I know your name...I meant other things."

"Well..I'm a doctor. I graduated from university at early age then I've been working as a surgeon for 2 years. Umm..Now I live by myself because I want to be more independent."

"Okay.." She nodded her head and continued eating her food.

"And sometimes I spend my time on drawing and thinking about my crush." I confessed and she looked down, looking at her food.

"Who's your crush?" she chuckled and I could hear a bit of disappointment in her voice but then she looked up straightaway with a grin on her face, "I know! It must be Haerin!"

I laughed quietly when I heard her statement. She still thought the letter was for Haerin even though I told her it wasn't?

------

"Thank you for the food. It's very late and I should go home." Hanni said and smiled sheepishly.

"Come on..I will drive you home." I waved my hand at her but she shook her head instead.

"Don't worry, I can drive back by myself." she said and took her jacket from the chair.

"It's late..It's not safe." I argued back while shaking my head. I can't allow her to go back by herself. It's very dangerous at night.

"What about you?" she pointed her finger at me then smirked, "You are a girl too. It's not safe for you to drive back alone."

"I used to drive alone when I have an urgent call from the hospital." I replied.

"Well me too. I used to drive alone from the company." She argued back and shrugged her shoulder, don't want to lose.

"Why are you so stubborn?" I frowned while staring at her.

"You are too." she pressed her lips tightly and sat down on the sofa, "Can I stay here instead?"