New Years, Eighteen, Two Months

"I won't be home until the morning. No drinking." Claudia says before she leaves for a New Year's party.
"Got it."
"There are plenty of snacks and sodas."
"Thank you."
"Be responsible." She says and you nod.
"We will be." Your answer when she keeps looking at you.
"Is Eddie staying the night?"
"Everyone is."
"Ok, just... Be responsible." She says again and gives you a small hug.
"Nothing is going to happen. Go enjoy the party. We'll be fine." You tell her.
"Ok. I'm going." She says and leaves.

"What's she so worried about?" Dustin asks as he comes to the living room.
"Nothing. When is everyone getting here?" You ask him.
"About an hour." He answers. "What about Robin?"
"Probably ten minutes or so, Eddie's giving her a ride so he'll be early too."
"It's lame that Steve isn't coming." Dustin remarks.
"He had other plans. Probably a party with more than just soda."
"We could have a party with more than just soda."
"It's too late for me to go get anything and your mom will notice if we get into her stuff."

All of Hellfire attends the party and you mostly stick to talking with Robin or Eddie. Robin has to leave early though and her mom picks her up. You feel a little awkward after she leaves as you aren't part of the club. You still have fun though as you stick close to the younger boys. When you go to your room to take a little break, you see the little paper bag you keep forgetting to give Dustin.

"Here." You tell Dustin and hand him the bag. "Sorry it took so long."
"What is this?" He asks.
"The patches."
"I forgot about those!" He says excitedly as he opens the bag and pulls one out. "These look awesome, thank you!"
He gives you a hug and you smile at how excited he is.
"You actually made one for everyone?" Eddie asks as Dustin shows him.
"Yeah, I said I would, it just took a while. There's one in there for you too." You tell him.
"Here, you made them, you should give them out." Dustin says as he hands the bag back to you.
"Oh, umm. That's ok, you can do it."
"Hey guys!" Dustin says loudly. "Y/N made us all something."

You feel awkward as they all gather around and you hand each of them a patch. They all seem to really like them and the older boys are surprised you made them one too. Eddie can't stop smiling at you as they all start a conversation with you and he sees you start to relax.

As the night goes on, Eddie survives the joking and mocking they all give every time you kiss or make him blush.
"Hey! I'm the only one with someone to kiss at midnight." He says when they all make kissy noises as he hugs you and gives you a small kiss.
"Hey, our girlfriends live in different states." Mike says as he motions between himself and Dustin.
"Do they? Do you guys really have girlfriends?" Jeff teases.
"Yes!" Dustin exclaims.
"Does he?" Eddie whispers to you.
"Yeah, I've heard them talking on his radio." You whisper back with a grin.

When midnight is close Eddie pulls you outside in the falling snow so you can kiss without the teasing.
He pulls you in close as you both countdown. His lips meet yours, soft but strong as you ring in the new year. It's perfect, you can't believe how surreal everything feels compared to how life used to be. You consider telling him you love him but let the moment pass as you second guess yourself, still worried it's too soon.

"Happy New Year." He says, smiling as he looks in your eyes after the kiss.
"Happy New Year."
He kisses you deeply again.

"Cold?" He asks after the kiss.
"Want to stay out here for a while?"
"Yeah, it's nice having a moment alone."
You smile and give him another kiss.
"What are you guys doing out here? It's freezing." Dustin says as he opens the door.
"Well, that didn't last long." You say.
"We're going to start a movie." Dustin says.
"We'll be in in a minute." Eddie responds.
"Ok." Dustin says and goes back inside.

Eddie wraps you in a hug and kisses you.
"Think they'd notice if we just went to my room?" You ask.
"Definitely." He says.
"Mm. Smoke and then go watch the movie?"
"Sure."
Instead of a joint he pulls out a little pipe for you to share a bowl from. You pull back the tarp protecting the picnic table from the snow so you can sit together.