Chapter 5 Long Way to the truth.

After my mental crisis I simply couldn't sleep. There was that massive five year gap I kept trying to reach, but it was like trying to catch smoke.

I kept dragging the now sleeping Amelia along the road. Dawn only starting to peek above the treeline. It was a beautiful sight, but I was distracted.

If five years of my life were missing what else was. What else did I subconsciously repress using the mist? And was I capable of utilizing it on command?

I followed the road for hours taking a few breaks here and there to make sure Amelia was still alive. I wondered where I could get myself an armor like this, it was flexible and clearly sturdy. While her legs were very much mangled a few hours prior the armor still held up getting punched by what I instinctively knew was nearly a ton of water.

Her sleeves especially, I noticed the knife by her waist and got to work.

Yes I know it was wrong, but I didn't let her die stealing her forearm protectors didn't feel like a crime.

A car started barreling down towards us. I released the sill sleeping Amelia and stepped in the middle of the road.

The car slowed down I walked around to the driver's side findings a nervous man and his family obviously out on a camping trip.

I gave the two children a reassuring smile before addressing the father.

"Hey sorry, but it's an emergency. My friend over there we got in a nasty accident not far off and I got lost. I think her legs are broken can you get her to a hospital." I asked playing the anxious part fairly well.

"We only have one seat left." Nervously stammered the father.

"Don't worry about me she's the one who needs help, please."

He pursed his lips for a few seconds.

"Do you need help carrying her."

Without replying I carried Amelia to the family car and layed her in the seat. Luckily since by her tired groan she was starting to wake up.

"Do you need us to call anyone?"

"I wouldn't mind a map if you can spare one."

The man's wife reached in the glove box and reached to hand me a small map.

"Thank you so much, now roll she needs immediate help!"

The man didn't argue driving off and blasting dust in my face.

I sputtered a bit annoyed, but at least I had one less thing to worry about. And hey I got stylish sleeves from it. By the look it was carbon fiber, if carbon fiber was painted bronze.

I walked and I walked trying to keep track of my position with the map, but it wasn't much use. My attention span was way too short to keep track of that. I kept getting distracted by birds and the occasional squirrel.

Can't blame me those are practically non existent where I lived.

I didn't exactly miss Detroit, my life was basically miserable there. At least I wasn't on the brink of death every hours.

Soon I found myself following an empty highway. The scorching sun raining down me with a vengeance.

After miles of walk I found a bar on the side of the road. Multiple bikes lining the front of the building. Without hesitating I entered the bar sighing in relief as cool air met my skin.

Naturally I attracted a lot of looks. I probably smelled like a wet barn.

Rock music softly played in the back, I took a seat by the bar.