2| With Or Without You

[POV; Rune]

The alarm woke me up, startled. Carter swung his arm and turned it off immediately, as he sat down.

- I fucking hate that ringtone.- I groaned.

- I know. That's why I have it.- He said, as he placed his hand on my back.

I couldn't hide my smile, as he leaned down to kiss my cheek. As he did, I hugged his neck.

- Let's get going.- He whispered, as he pulled away from me.

Morning started slowly, we both took a shower and headed to the base, eating breakfast on the way.

- Are you staying with me today?- He asked, as I parked the car- It's going to be a heavy day.-

- Yeah... not like I have somewhere else to go. I'm still waiting for orders.- I said.

We got out of the car, and walked inside the building.

- Hey!- Harper said, as he saw us.

He walked up to us, and patted our shoulders.

- You're too loud at seven in the morning.- Carter said, annoyed by his presence.

- I am always loud no matter the hour.- Harper smiled- And Conan isn't here to scold me yet.-

I looked around, wondering where Tiago was.

- Tiago?- I asked.

- ... I don't know. I haven't seen him.- He said- But I'll catch up with you two later!-

As he said that, he sprinted away, to catch up with another group of sergeants entering the building.

Carter scratched the back of his neck, as he sighed, and began walking to his office.

He worked for some hours, and I made sure to buy him some coffee.

- It's the third coffee you're buying.- The man from the cafeteria said, as he laughed.

- It's for my friend.- I said, as I took my wallet out of my pocket.

After buying Carter's coffee, I started heading back to his office.

- Wait up.- I heard someone call me.

I turned around, to see Conan walking up to me, holding a bottle of water.

- Good morning.- I said, as he caught up with me.

- Hey...- He said, with a tired expression- My whole body hurts.-

- I bet it does. After all that work from yesterday.- I said.

- Yeah, and I slept like shit.- He laughed, as he moved hair out of his face.

- I can see that as well.- I said, and started walking with him by my side.

- The years have not been kind to me.- He sighed- I actually need something from Carter, so I'm going with you.-

- Okay.- I nodded.

When we entered the office, I placed Carter's coffee on his desk, and sat down at the couch next to the door.

- Hi Conan.- He said, as he grabbed his coffee.

- Hi.- Conan said, as he walked up to his desk- I need those papers I gave you at the start of the week.-

- The ones from Oxford?- Carter said, checking a folder.

- Exactly...- Conan said.

- I think I gave them to Tiago or sergeant Roberts because Bullock wanted those.-