3| Love Boat Captain

[POV; Conan]

And after what it felt like the longest week of my life, finally came the day we were merging offices with other bases around the United Kingdom. And, also, got our new squads.

I grabbed their files and tags, stood in front of them, and started giving instructions. Everyone looked at me with scared expressions.
Maybe I don't look like the nicest person... and the fact that I don't talk that much maybe makes it worse.

- S-Sergeant...?- One of them spoke to me, clearly terrified.

I raised my look from their files, and nodded to let him speak.

- Sorry, you just didn't tell us your name...- He said.

- ... Sergeant Donovan.- I said, looking at them up and down.

This is embarrassing. I hope they don't laugh at me.

But as I checked to see their reactions, they looked even more scared than before.

- My name is Conan. You can call me Conan, no need for sergeant Donovan or stuff like that.- I said, trying to sound more friendly- It's nice to meet all of you.-

As I said that, their shoulders relaxed a little bit, and their faces changed.

- Well, follow me now. I'll show you where you're staying.- I said, as I scratched the back of my neck.

I walked them to their cabin, and after helping them settle down, I returned to the other sergeants.

Carter and Harper were waiting for me, since we're doing training together.

- Should we give them some time and then send them to the first obstacle course?- Harper asked, as I got closer to him.

- We should send them now.- Carter said, crossing his arms.

- Aw, give them some time to start getting along!- Harper said, placing his hands on Carter's shoulder.

- Huh? Why should we?- Carter asked, annoyed.

- Oh no. Is it true that you become like the person you date?!- Harper said, as he clung to my arm- You used to be so nice, Cart!-

- I don't think so.- I said- But that did sound just like him.-

- At least for you it didn't work like that.- Carter said, starting directly at Harper.

- Huh?- Harper raised an eyebrow- What do you mean?-

Idiot. You stupid idiot.

- Um... so?- I cleared my throat- Should we go send them now?-

- Yes.- Carter nodded, and walked in front of us.

As we followed his steps, Harper walked closer to me.

- Is he mad at me?- He asked, worried.

- I don't know...- I said, sarcastically, imitating his tone.

- Is it because of Tiago?- He said.

- They are close friends, Harp...- I sighed- Were you guys really dating?-

- Well, I know they are friends! But why is he mad at me?!- He shouted.

- I can fucking hear you, are you dumb?- Carter said, still walking in front of us.

- What's your problem, man?!- Harper responded, and stormed next to him.

Great... another pain in my ass. These two.

- Don't speak like a kid, Oliver.- Carter said, annoyed- You're so embarrassing.-

- Hey! What's your deal mate?!- Harper shouted.