[ 10 ]

Taeyong sat on a sun lounger in the shade, knees hauled up to his chin while his hair dripped drown his face, adding to the tears and his sniffles.

Jaehyun sat on the lounger beside him, watching Taeyong with worry and fear.

He had asked him on multiple occasions if he was okay, and all he got was a head nod. Granted the pink haired boy couldn't speak, but even so he brushed everything off like it didn't bother him.

But somehow Jaehyun knew it did. He knew it was a lie.

Eventually the taller warmed up, and he noticed Taeyong was still sat in his wet clothes under a small towel shivering.

He sighs, reaching into his bag beside his feet and pulling out his shirt and spare towel, "Here. Take the wet shirt off at least and wrap yourself with this dry towel. You'll warm up better."

Taeyong looked at his hand that held a towel with a blue shirt and then looked up to Jaehyun's straight face.

He didn't know what this meant, but he was grateful for Jaehyun giving him these.

Glancing around slightly, he quickly removed his wet shirt and placed on Jaehyun's blue one. Then he wrapped the dry towel around himself that immediately engulfed him in warmth.

'I'm sorry' he signed, sitting down awkwardly.

Jaehyun just blinked, furrowing his brows slightly trying to guess what Taeyong just said, but in the end had no clue.

"I'm sorry. I have no idea what you just said."

Taeyong gave a slight smile before gesturing at Jaehyun specifically.

"You have no idea what I said?" He asked, gaining a head shake from the small boy, "I'm sorry I don't follow." He watched Taeyong point aggressively at him again.

The pink haired boy sighed and pulled his phone from his small bag and typed on his phone in his notes app.

'I said I'm sorry.' He typed, turning his screen around to show Jaehyun, who made an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"Why are you apologising?" Jaehyun asked. Taeyong smiled and shrugged, it's something he's always felt like he's had to do.

Jaehyun reached over and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I want you to stop apologising to people who don't even need an apology. You have nothing to apologise for."

Taeyong shrugged with a smile, he understood what Jaehyun meant but he couldn't help it. It always felt like a little voice in the back of his mind that tells him to apologise and be kind.

After being sat in the garden upon the sun loungers in silence for a couple of minutes, Haechan came outside after helping his mum clean the table and walked up to the two.

"Do you guys want to head out? Maybe walk to the park or go to the Ritz Café for food?" He suggested, chucking Jaehyun a large shirt when he saw him give Taeyong his own.

Jaehyun furrowed his brows, "Haven't we just eaten with the barbecue?" He asked.

Haechan nodded and sighed, "A lot of food was still left behind and put in the fridge. Mark spoiled a lot of appetites."