[ 13 ]

Jaehyun was dropped off in the centre of town where he would begin his journey towards Taeyong's house. It was his decision to be dropped off here rather than straight outside Taeyong's house. It was still early in the morning so a nice walk through town wouldn't hurt.

Just like the previous days this week, the summer sun was already shining bright and the morning heat was already beating down upon his head. He's grateful he decided to wear shorts and a tank top to school again, a checkered sleeved shirt tied loosely around his waist incase the weather changed.

Treading through the streets his eyes grazed over some shop windows, specifically a small bakery that smelt sweet and savoury as a customer left the shop, allowing the aroma to attack Jaehyun's nose.

He followed that fresh scent inside where he was met with a sweet smile. A tall blonde lady was stood behind a counter that was full of tasty baked treats. His eyes scanned the arranged assortment of brownies, cookies, small cubish cakes and pastry treats.

"What can I help you with?" The lady asks softly.

Jaehyun bites the bottom of his lip as he scans the counter. "I'm looking to get something for a friend but I don't know what he likes."

The lady smiled, "Well what is your friend like? Describe him."

It took a moment for Jaehyun to understand the question. As he thought for a moment, seeing Taeyong's smile in his thoughts, he smiled as well, "He's... joyful, quite a peaceful person and always expresses happiness wherever he goes. He just... makes you feel important and listened to. And doesn't pin point your flaws as your identity, it's like he sees through that, and I like that a lot."

"Sounds like you really admire this friend. He means a lot to you."

Jaehyun blushed as he smiled and nodded. Was it that obvious? After a moment of silence settled between them, a lady took a small paper pot and reached down to put a small brown cube in it, before handing it over.

"Try this sample." She suggested, passing the cup over the counter and watched Jaehyun look down at it skeptically.

"What is it? Has it got peanuts in it?" He asked, lifting his wrist to show a small silver chain with a tag plate. An allergy awareness bracelet. The lady just smiled and shook her head, gesturing for him to try it. He picked the small brown cube up between his thumb and finger. It looked really chocolatey. It felt quite squishy and cakey, but when giving it a sniff it had such a sweet and mouth watering aroma.

He gave in and took a small bite, suddenly shocked at the amount of chocolatey flavour he got from it. It was pleasant and addicting that he found himself quickly eating the rest.

"Wow! What was that?" He asked.

"That was our signature chocolate fudge brownie. It's cakey and sweet, short and well blended between the chocolate and fudge layers. Most people can't resist a good brownie." She explained.

"Can I have two of those please?" Jaehyun asked. The lady nodded and packed them in a cute, small box. She handed them over along with Jaehyun's change and recipe, allowing the tall boy to leave with a big smile on his face. He was so excited to share this with Taeyong.

The lady fondly watched him disappear with a smile on her face until someone tapping on her shoulder brought her out of her thoughts.