[ 9 ]

Taeyong woke up in the small ball he curled himself in, sun aggressively shining in his face making him bury his head further into the pillow, which he held in his arms.

Both Haechan and Tae had fallen asleep in the fort unplanned, the last thing he remembers was talking about movies, how they should go out together and see one.

But Tae quickly sat up confused, ruffling his pink bed hair, glancing around the empty room trying to spot Haechan.

He wasn't here.

Sounds of plates cluttering and the smell of toast, bacon and eggs filled his nose. It tugged a small smile on his face and filled his stomach with light growls.

Tae released the pillow from his grasp and pushed himself up, bonking his head on the roof of the fort, the sheets falling on top of him.

He silently sighed in defeat and eventually pulled them off to him, revealing a humoured Haechan stood before him.

"Well good morning!" He said with a soft chuckle, removing the last sheet that sat on Tae's back, "Did you have a good nights sleep?"

Tae nodded with a smile, it was probably one of the best sleeps he's had in a very long time. Not to mention this is the first and best sleep over he has ever had.

"My mom cooked us a fried breakfast this morning, I hope you like the food I forgot to ask what you like. Did you wake up from the smell?"

It wasn't something that he could deny, his super nose could sniff anything out.
Tae just nodded shyly before being escorted downstairs by a giggling Haechan.

"You're just too cute!" He laughed before pulling the pink haired boy to the table where the freshly cooked meal of toast, fried eggs, smoked bacon and baked beans was laid out on the table.

Haechan's mom walked around the corner with two more plates, assumably for her and Haechan's dad, "Is this alright Taeyong, I should have asked last night what you like?"

Tae nodded eagerly and signed, 'This smells amazing, Thankyou!'

Haechan's dad eventually came round the corner with a news paper in hand, giving Tae a small smile and a slight head nod, before seating at the head of the table and diving into his breakfast.

"So..." Haechan's mom spoke up above the clanking of knives on plates, "What have you two boys planned to do today?"

Taeyong placed a mouthful of beans in his mouth, looking at Haechan curiously as he also wandered what they were going to do all day.

"I'm not sure, this is Tae's first sleep over so I want today to be awesome before he goes home... maybe we can go to the park?" He suggests as he picks up his glass of orange juice.

"Oh, no Haechan sweety you can't." The mother sighed.

Haechan placed the glass of orange juice down with furrowed brows, "Why not? The park isn't far away from here, I'll keep us safe."

"Sweetie it's not about being safe," Haechan's mom smiled, placing down her knife and fork, "The park is closed down for maintenance, and even if it was open I just remembered we are having a barbecue today. I invited some friends to come over... is that okay Taeyong?"