Chapter 2

Bebe is excited to meet Wendy at school. She spent the entire weekend thinking about her.

Wendy is waiting by Bebe's locker.

Bebe's face lights up the second she sees her. "Wendy!"

"Hey, Bebe. What's up?"

"Nothing much! How was your weekend?"

"It was okay..."

Stan Marsh walks by the two. He shoots a sad look at Wendy.

"What's his problem?" Bebe asks in an annoyed tone.

Wendy sighs. "He's probably upset that I broke up with him."

"You what?!"

"I have my reasons... I do worry though. I doubt he will be able to find another girl with that attitude of his..."

"Yeah..."

Bebe knew she had to be supportive, but inside she was screaming. This was her chance, she could seal in the relationship she's always wanted.

"It was for the best, Wendy. I'm sure you'll both move on just fine. Plenty of fish in the sea, as they say..."

"Yeah." Wendy smiles. "You're right. Thank you, Bebe."

Bebe blushes. "Anytime..."

Bebe tries her hardest, but she can't seem to focus in any of her classes. All she could think about was the kiss she shared with Wendy.

As soon as Bebe got home she looked through some online discussions.

The first one that caught her eye was: "How do I get my best friend to like me? We've kissed and held hands but I can't seem to get him to see me that way..."

The responses all said similar things. A lot of people suggest making a move, others say to try to make them jealous.

"She seemed to like the kiss... would she start to see me more if I made a move on her..?"

Bebe sighs. "It's too scary..."

-

A few days later, Wendy comes over to Bebe's house for their annual study session together.

"Damn, I understand every other subject except for fucking science. Why would I need to know chemical compounds? I already have a scholarship lined up for debate so why do I need this useless fuc-"

Bebe puts a hand on Wendy's shoulder. "Hey, you're getting heated. Take a breath."

"Damn it... You're right. I just don't understand."

Bebe giggles. "That's funny, it's the one subject I actually understand."

"Well yeah. You want to become a meteorologist. You have to know science for that."

"What I'm saying is I can help you."

"Okay, then how do I calculate this? How do I do math with chemical equations?"

Bebe scoots over until she's leaning against Wendy. "Here, you see these letters? Just replace them with the number underneath the symbol on the periodic table."

"Okay..."

As Wendy cross-references her work, Bebe watches her closely. She had never realized how long Wendy's eyelashes were, or the way her upper lip curved when you looked at it from the side.

She continued to stare, in awe of Wendy's beauty.