Chapter 2

Amelia's POV...

Men destroyed my mother's life. Now he will destroy mine. He had no right to come barge into my life fifteen years later. He may be my father but he's no dad to me.

"No! NO! She's not leaving!" Rose cried, fighting the authorities who had to hold her down. "Get your hands off of her!" Leah fumed, getting through the crowd in the courtroom. "Amelia! Amelia! Honey, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't fight for you." My mother cupped my cheeks, trying to distract me from looking at the chaos my father had done.

She tried so hard not to break down in front of me. Trying to be strong for me. We both knew what was happening. We looked desperately into each other's eyes. Pretending everything will be okay.

My father grabbed my arm, pulling me away from my mother's arms. "It's time to go," he demanded. "No! No! Mom?! Mom!" I yelled, trying to fight him off. "Don't let him take me. please" I whimpered. She looked at me with pleading eyes to go with him.

I knew she couldn't help me but, deep down I wish she fought harder.

~

My father tried to comfort me during our five-hour drive to Phoenix. My father and I sat in the backseat while his personal driver drove us to our location. He explained that I was going to live with him and his family from now on.

"Your family?' I asked, with no emotion. I stared at the car window, distracting my mind with everything that we drove by.

"Yes. My wife, Cassandra, and our daughter Reyna." It's funny how you have your own family, and you had the audacity to take me from mine.

When we arrived, his wife and daughter were already outside sitting on their front porch chairs. His wife looked to be in her early forties, she is a white woman who had her blonde hair in braids. Their young teen daughter Reyna had similar features like me. She had black curly hair and brown eyes. You could tell we had the same father.

"Baby your back," his wife gleamed with joy, as we approached them. Pulling him into her arms. "And who might you be?" She asked, looking at me up and down. I could see the disgust in her eyes.

"Sweetie, this is my daughter Amelia." He stepped aside from her to bring me closer to her. 'Right," she said, with a fake smile.

"Amelia. You will call her your mother from now on," he ordered." What?" I questioned. Mother?! That woman is no one to me. She will not take my mother's place.

"Yes. End of story" He barked, causing me to flinch.

"Now." He clapped his hands together. "Let's go have a nice family dinner" Looking at his wife, he gestured to us to lead the way inside.

~

After dinner, Reyna offered to show me my room across from hers. I had a small, simple bedroom. Consisting of a twin bed, a three-drawer nightstand beside my mattress, and a small TV in the corner of the room.

I wish I could reverse time. To savor. Every. Moment. I had with my sisters because now, they won't longer be part of my life. I may only have three more years until I turn eighteen but who knows what will happen until then.

For now, I have to be on my own. I haven't felt this alone since my sisters and I were in foster care, at least I had them. Now. I have no one.

~

Rose's POV... After Amelia Left

My parents ruined my image of love before I could. At night, I fantasize about what life would've been like for me in another universe. What if my father never left? What if Amelia stayed? What if the world didn't show me that love is cruel?