Prologue

They say the world likes to turn on its own because some God willed it so. Some say the world turns because the life magic of the planet allows it to rotate. Other theories claim that it is all part of some final destination for us. I like to think that these people need to worry more about themselves than some idiotic debate about the world.

It was a normal day, like any other. I sat at my desk; books laid out in front of me—the cool breeze of the open window danced around the soft strands of my hair. Sounds of giggling and laughter pierce my ears as the children of Valum continue to play their games.

"Lord Kris, Lady Valona, your mother requests your presence in the hall." The main household butler speaks to the children with a soft yet determined speech. Zao proceeds to escort the children inside the manor, giving me a sense of peace on this humid noon. 

Knock Knock 

The sudden interruption at my door turns my head swiftly. "Come in," I reply, annoyed. "Master, your father sends his regards for a formal invoice."

A sigh leaves my lips. "You may come in, Celia." Upon hearing my voice, a tall, tanned-skinned woman wearing our household's maid attire enters my room elegantly. The alluring ruby within her eyes was enough to steal any man's heart if she wanted to. However, she is under servitude as my loyal and faithful personal maid for the rest of her life. She eases her tense expression upon closing the door, letting her sharp fangs slip past her luscious lips; her flame-touched hair beautifully completes her presence.

She takes a deep breath before giving me a warm smile. A grin crawls across my own as she is one of the few people I talk to daily. Even if she is a demon from the Demon Continent, she treats me well, and I give her my respect. "Does he believe he can still get me to join the order?". Celia takes a step forward and approaches me with a crooked smile, "I am afraid he is very persistent."

I close my books with a loud thud sound before storming to my closet to get more formal attire to wear outside my room. "My answer will always be the same: no." Celia follows closely behind me and places her soft, slender fingers on my small shoulders, gently removing my shirt and proceeding to get me dressed in my formal clothes.

Her lips begin to move, but she hesitates for a moment. She swallows her concerns and speaks. "I know he won't force you, Master, but why don't you discuss it with him? I believe he wants you to achieve something on your own since your brother, Dunick, will inherit his lands and this very manor very soon. A future for you to have a place you can call home."

The very notion of joining the kingdom's order of highly distinguished knights was something I never had on the table. "I don't want to talk about anything. I'm simply going to deny his request and return to my studies. If he wants another son to be his little trophy, he might as well pay closer attention to Kris than me."

Celia slips on the last button to my shirt before holding a firm grip. I look at her gently, and she does the same before letting me go. "Master Caleb... If I may... Why do you refuse to even train with a sword? Refuse to attend any event? I may be a humble servant; however, I know you can achieve great things with the kindness within your heart."

 My hand slips up and waves away the notion behind her words. I grab the final piece of my outfit and proceed towards the door. "Because I refuse to take up a blade, I am not a soldier, and I am not even important as a member of this house. Father won't sell me off in some marriage because everyone knows that I am a bastard."

Click Click

The sudden sounds of footsteps behind me startled me more than the sudden grip and twist of my body. Celia stares daggers into my eyes. A flame lights behind those rubies. "Don't you ever say you are a bastard...! You are my Master, my kind and amazing Master!"..." Celia-"