Chapter 13-Lilac Venom

"Meeting in broad daylight is asking for trouble."

"It's the last thing they'd expect."

"And they're too focused on Orochimaru to bother with us right now."

The voices coming from the burned out building were hushed and urgent. Narrowed eyes kept a lookout for trouble, looking in all directions at once.

"Himeka has overruled our objections to the fox, so what can be done?"

"Pardon the intrusion," a new voice addressed the gathering, causing weapons to be drawn.

Danzo stepped from the shadows and looked over the secret council of Hyuugas.

"State you business!" one growled.

"I believe our goals are the same," Danzo told the other members, "I suggest working together to achieve a common objective. That fox is becoming a bigger thorn in our collective sides than any of us could have thought possible. It shouldn't be in the village. It shouldn't even be alive."

"What is your proposal?" a female Hyuuga demanded.

"A simple solution, eliminate the demon."

"But he is far stronger than any of us…"

"There's more than one way to skin a fox, that is why we use this," Danzo interrupted, holding up a glass vial of almost invisible senbon, "each of these will be coated with a deadly poison. If we use them during an enemy attack then no-one will be any the wiser."

"And what poison will be used?" someone asked.

"I'll leave that to you," Danzo said as he handed the vial to the leading Hyuuga, "and in exchange for helping to keep that fox from our bloodline, what do you want in return?"

"As you all know the Konoha council is made up of the Hokage, the elders and representatives from each of the five noble families of Konoha. Having two of the families under my influence was enough to exile the fox in the first place. But I need the support of three of the five noble families to hold a majority with the Konoha council and to expel that fool of a Hokage. With her removed from power, I can takeover and change Konoha into the military force it was always supposed to be."

"But Himeka still holds power over the Hyuuga clan," someone voiced.

"The old woman is not long for this world. She said it herself, she's almost twice your age. And there is always the possibility of an enemy Shinobi eliminating her, or so it would appear to the other Shinobi of the village. But after her passing a new leader must be selected, perhaps someone easily bent to our will."

Danzo let the meaning of his little speech sink in before continuing.

"Should you assist me in my endeavour to remove the two obstacles in the path then I shall reward you most generously when I rule the land of fire."

The oldest Hyuuga stepped forward looking up into Danzo's one uncovered eye. He held out his hand hesitantly. Danzo took the offered hand and a sinister grin crossed his face.

"Our alliance will blossom into something beautiful," Danzo grinned evilly, "my Root Anbu are ready to enact our plan whenever you wish."