14 ¶¶ MAKING A MOVE

~*~
KYLE

"
"I think y'all have had enough." Coach Barnes said and sighed echoed throughout the stadium

I picked my water bottle.

"I need you guys to be in full capacity for the game. That means you need enough sleep, eat what you're instructed to eat and no alcohol for now." He turned to a particular player. "I don't want y'all hangover before the game. You got that West?"

"That was a one time thing. And I was dealing with alot sh*t." He grumbled and everyone snickered.

"Yeah, yeah whatever,.get your asses outta here." He waved his clipboard and walked out.

"What crawled up his ass and died?" Orion Hunter, the Small Forward of the team, asked.

"He didn't even make us work this hard for last year's NBA finals. Imagine how this year's gonna be." Alex Kent, Power forward of the team, complained.

"You guys have been slacking off lately, what do you expect?." Simon Cole, Captain and Point Forward of the team replied.

"Wan,wan, wan,wan, wan...., you sound like my mother." Eli West, Center of the Team, whined as he picked up a towel.

I laughed, West's mother was one of the most clingy and supportive person I've ever met.

Takes care of us like we're 4 year old.

"Speaking of your mum....." I started.

"Nuh uh Jacobs, you will speak nothing about my mother. She will not be giving any of you." He pointed to all of us. "Free food."

"C'mon man. Shelly's spaghetti and meatballs are to die for." Hunter groaned.

"If you must know." He cleared his throat and started heading to the inner rooms. "Shelly, is out of the country."

"I bet you a 1000 dollars that she'll be here before the game." I smirked.

That made West turn back to us.

"No she will not." He said, emphasizing on the 'not'.

"You know what, we will all give you a thousand dollars if Shelly doesn't come before or during the game, but if she does, you owe us a thousand dollars." Kent smirked. "Each."

One of West's weaknesses where bets, most especially, bets with us.

"Oh you're on. I never loose a bet." He gave a mischievous grin and left.

"You're gonna call Shelly right?" Captain asked.

"Of course I am. I'm not stupid you know."

"F**king Cheaters." Kent smiled.

"West is probably gonna forget about the bet in an hour." Hunter stated.

True.

West has a very low memory span.

~*~

After finishing up in the bathroom and saying goodbye to the boys, I got into my car and drove to Dad's company.

I needed to check on him to see how he was doing.

Okay, that wasn't the real reason I was going there.

I was actually going there to see Ashley.

I made up my mind to start making advances towards her because I'm pretty sure that she will not be single forever.

I stopped by the mall to get Ashley a little something.

After getting a box of chocolate and heading to pay, I heard..