At Home

Aster finally made it home. As usual his parents weren't home. They were probably out in the town doing tricks and scamming strangers. Aster's dad was a dimmer street magician, he taught Aster all the tricks he knew. From card tricks to pickpocketing, Aster learnt everything from his father. His mother on the other hand was a shiner, her family abandoned her for a 'better' life, without a shiner as their daughter. She was then forced to go to the streets and sell cheap tricks like card and palm reading. They made a decent living from this and at the end they were doing something they enjoyed. Aster was grateful for them, they wanted him to have a normal childhood despite being an abyssal. They taught him to keep his head high and to never back down, to always stand up for himself and for his believes.
Aster went to his room. It was a brightly colored pastel blue room, a complete opposite of the way he dressed. The room was 80s inspired with a hint of steampunk. The room was painted that way because nether Aster or his parents wanted to back down with their ideas. His parents wanted a steampunk, old England kind of feel, while Aster wanted to have the room painted in pastels 'to match' his personality with a hint of the 80s esthetic. The truth is he just didn't want his whole room look like the plague broke out in it.
Aster set his things onto the bed and exited his room. He didn't want to stay there for too long, since he has a habit of forgetting things if he doesn't do them instantly.
He took a sticky note and wrote down that he was of to a friend's house an to expect him to come home later.
He unlocked the door and left for his friends house.