Three words

Caleb's POV

Mi nuh know, mi really nuh know when it happened. Not even know how it happened.

But mi know mi love her bad.

I have always felt this overwhelming urge to make her happy. When she smiles, mi feel like mi on cloud 9.

I've had this overwhelming urge to take care of her, this fierce need to protect her.

From di day me see her mi did know mi woulda affi have her.

Now me have her me nah let her go.

She cement inna mi life.

She pretty, sexy yuh fuck, she smart and she feisty. Suh me could a want more?

See when Masicka sing 10 outta 10 and say,

I got to tell you
Dem kind a feelings yah felt new
Know say yuh independent baby but somehow, mi wah help you
When yuh skin it out, is the best view
Body right, pussy tight, how mi fi lef you

A suh me feel. The lyrics dem connect now.

Feel like somebody kick weh mi foot and mi drop face first inna love.

One a dem big man healthy drop deh.

Used to think it too soon to feel this way. But me nah work offa nobody timing but mine. And if me nuh sure bout anything else mi sure mi love deh girl yah.

"I love you babe." The words escape before I'm even finished processing everything that's jumbled up in my mind.

For a minute I think she doesn't hear because I spoke so low.

But the shock and surprise in her eyes indicate to me that she in fact heard me loud and clear.

She says nothing.

And that makes the situation awkward and tense.

She looks away and the only sound in the room is our labored breathing.

She probably a hear yuh heart too, cause the way it a beat loud.

I just lay there for another few minutes giving her time to process.

Maybe she needs time....

It's not like I'm really expecting her to say it back but at least an acknowledgement would be nice.

Seconds turns into minutes and still nothing.

"Jay yuh hear weh mi just say?" I query.

She nods but doesn't say anything.

Ah lemme try again. "I love you princess."

She looks away again and she responds with a "mhmm"

Mhmm?

Mhmm?

Bomboclaat Mhmm?

Like mi a lose mi hearing.

Not even a full sentence. Mhmm isn't even a word. Not even know weh fi call it.

Think me never have no shame tree before... But right now mi feel away.

I look over at her and she seems to be deep in thought.

I get up from the bed to head into the shower and see where Jayda gets up to follow me.

I don't look back but I speak loud enough for her to hear "Need some time alone."

She doesn't say anything but I see from my peripheral vision where the bed sinks so I know she sat back down.