Inheritance

Another one! Who deh yah? Check in

Caleb's POV

I pause while pushing the belt through the loop of my pants "Weh yuh mean by yuh nah go?"

"Yeh I'm not going." She sits up in the bed.

I press my hand down my face in frustration "why yuh wouldn't go?"

"Why me would a go?" She says while rolling her neck.

I mentally count to 10 before replying.

1,2,3,4......10

"Yuh think before yuh talk sometime Jayda?" I blurt out now exasperated.

She scoffs visibly offended "See why me never did ago say nuttn to yuh."

I move to the dresser and spray on some of my Baccarat Rouge before covering the bottle and putting it back in the empty slot "Mek yuh never say nuttn nuh."

"Weh yuh woulda do?" She folds her hand across her chest.

I know exactly what she's trying to do. She a try deflect. Pick a fight, spoil my day and I'll forget about it. "Jayda if yuh want me come wid yuh I will."

She shakes her head defiantly "Nope. I'm staying home."

"Gimmi a good reason and then maybe I'll leave you alone." I state.

She looks up thinking for a minute before replying "Over the years I created scenarios in my head, one of them was that maybe he was poor and suffering. And that made him too embarrassed to come home."

Her voice starts breaking "But him leaving me sumn in a will, says otherwise. It's hard to know that he had money. Cause that would mean the only reason he stayed away was because he wanted to."

"He didn't want me Caleb and that's hard to accept."

She looks up again blinking rapidly to stop the tears now pooling in her eyes from spilling out. "Sometimes it's better to be delusional enuh."

"Yeh mi get say yuh feel fuck up. How about you think of it this way, after everything him put yuh through you deserve this." I state.

I shake my head. Look how the man make me baby a bawl.

Sometime parents nuh understand the trauma them put kids through enuh.

Having an absent parent creates certain insecurities for kids.

Worse when yuh have other kids and out here a be parents to them.

That's why me vow fi be a good fada. Yuh zeet.

I sit in the bed beside her careful not to crush the clothes I just got dressed in "yuh woulda feel better if me fawud wid yuh?"

"Yuh would a come?" She sniffles and rubs her nose.

Sometime me really wonder if Jayda nuh know how much me love her.

"Babe me would a do anything fi yuh. Love yuh like life enuh."

That pulls a genuine smile from her "Alright. Make me go bathe then."

A knock sounds on the door "Unuh decent?"

"No we a fuck." I shout back.

"If unuh did a do nuttn me woulda hear. If yuh never know Jayda loud." Chanel says still standing on the opposite side of the door.

I laugh. "Come in nuh man."

She pushes the door and cautiously peeps in first before entering.

Nuh she say she would a know.