A date gone wrong

It was a moonless evening when the two lovers met one another.

They had planned this date to be a perfect one, it would be the kind of meeting that would be quite romantic without having put much effort into it. The only things they were going to bring along were snacks, a blanket along with some pillows for comfort. As for their destination? Dream had the idea of an AU, in it was a park that was known for being quiet and beautiful, one with the most healthiest of plants, trees and flowers. What captivated him most about it? The fact that this park was in fact magical, filled with all sorts of fantastical phenomenons. Well, that was what he heard from his friend Core. He was quite curious to visit this place by himself but due to his relentless duties, he never really had the time to do such things. . Now that he had some time, he thought he would thank Ink for his help later.

Out of the two, Dream was the one who was the most excited for this trip but it wasn't to say that Killer wasn't either. The destination didn't seem too bad so he agreed, he has never seen anything too magical himself. . If it wasn't for his old universe of course and all kinds of stunning tricks he had witnessed during his stay with the King of Negativity. However, he has been dying to bring his starlight to this cat cafe he has visited once with his Boss. - Who knows if Nightmare was having a good day or if it was to make Killer shut up about cats - So he asked Dream if they could go there when they would be done with their visit at the park and of course, the shorter one agreed which brought Killer to new heights in his mind.

But before they could go on their date, they had to get through the tough part : Meeting each other.

Right, it was already something to even text each other away from Nightmare's sight and get all of things they wanted to bring for their date. They were thinking carefully about this. They didn't want their little secret to get revealed, did they? Killer had to hide from his Boss but also from his coworkers, the idiots that kept pressing him about texting on his phone so often. They noticed how he acted harshly or going on about an unrelated subject to avoid talking about it. . One by one, they ended up finding out but to make sure that none of them would spill the tea, Killer somehow found the way to blackmail the three of them and keep them quiet about it.

Now what did he blackmail them with? Who knows?

Truthfully, the skeleton didn't put much effort into his outfit. He stayed in his usual clothes, he only made sure that they weren't too bloody nor dusty before taking care of his tears. He had tried to wipe them all away but to no avail, he shrugged it off after several tries. . It wasn't like he could do anything about the corruption and Dream knew it, so they probably wouldn't argue about it. Once he was satisfied with his look, he walked over to his drawers and opened one of them to decide on which knives he would take with him. Knives for a date? It seemed rather useless but to him, it was inevitable. He just had to take one, at least one. . But maybe did he end up taking three. He had no resistance for his dear blades whatsoever.

Luck was with him this week, all of the other members of the 'Bad Sanses' were keeping their mouths shut and Nightmare had given our assassin a few days off. Today was his second day off out of the five, he was glad that it was Cross's turn to be at the front of their Boss's plans this time. . Now he could enjoy time with his secret lover.

As of now, he was ready. He had some of the items for their date stocked in his inventory and had nothing to do for the rest of the day, so he took out his phone and kept on discreetly texting Dream as he made his way out of the dark domain to enter the glorious garden. When he arrived, he decided to wait at the side of a fountain which stood in a corner of the royal garden, he chose it to make sure that he was hidden from any eyes. He received a text from Dream that informed him that he was still getting ready. . Reading this, Killer didn't hesitate to sit on the expensive structure and relax. He didn't really care if he damaged it, Nightmare wasn't there to lecture him anyway.

He didn't have to wait for long. The illuminated one soon appeared, stepping out of a bright portal before smiling at Killer. The taller stared at Dream as he approached and now that he eyed at every detail on him, he noticed that the short skeleton did put effort into his outfit unlike to him. Dream didn't wear his usual outfit but it was still close to his daily style. It wasn't anything fancy but more like comfy clothing : The turtleneck he wore was in a latte tint, it's fabric was thick and fluffy and the pants were in a dark brown, they were soft but resistant and complimented the short perfectly. As for the shoes, they were winter boots and almost replicated the turtleneck's color but this one was much deeper. Just to add that bit of elegance, Dream wore a gold necklace and at it's end was a little star pendent which was sweetly decorated with diamonds.

Killer didn't know where his starlight got this outfit from but he did look stunning to him. He only felt a bit bad for being lazy about his own outfit.

Damn Starlight, didn't know you were gonna give me a glimpse of your wardrobe.

The assassin said with a wide grin which made Dream giggle in response. The guardian shook his skull as he admired the taller despite him not wearing anything new then took a step closer to the other, his hands uncontrollably fiddling with the yarn from his own shirt. His gaze slowly moved to the ground, obviously flustered.

I couldn't just wear my normal outfit! You've seen it whenever we had to fight or in other difficult circumstances. . I didn't want to bring those memories back. So I decided to change. Do you not like it?

He asked, worry ringing like an alarm through his voice. He was terribly worried that Killer didn't like it but it was now the taller's turn to move closer, nearly closing the gap between them. He caressed Dream's cheekbone with a few fingers, reassuring him.

Mm, I might like it too much.