Tension

Dream took the time to process what he saw with a thoughtless expression, slowly turning his gaze away.

He tasted the icing once he finished wiping it off Killer's face and the sweetness of it almost made him forget about the sight. However, it wasn't that easy. The guardian knew what hickeys were, he wasn't that clueless about those things. . How could such a thing appear on his lover's bones just like that? It couldn't have been a hickey of his, it has been way too long since he has done anything of the sort. Dream preferred sucking on much lower areas, ones that were hidden and intimate. . Hard to find even. It was mostly so that no one could suspect a potential relationship between Killer and him since he was still working with the King of Negativity. The assassin would've went for having those marks exposed though. . It was obvious that he wouldn't mind, he liked the thought of danger but he was convinced by Dream to not fall for his fantasies. Reluctantly, he backed away from the idea but it wasn't like he never got to try it. . The proof of it were the marks that he seemed to proudly show.

In slight horror, Dream backed away which confused the assassin who curiously tilted his skull on the side, like a clueless puppy. Was he acting innocent or being genuine? It was hard to tell but the guardian wanted to know how long the other was planning to stay clueless, to see if he had to worry about what he saw after all. He played the fool as if nothing, hiding his emotions behind a pretty smile. . . Like he always did. He moved back in place a little bit but only for a moment, he wasn't planning to stay over Killer for too long. Readjusting his own scarf, he could feel his highlights helplessly being drawn away from the other. Stars, what he saw made him feel itchy, he wasn't sure why. . Unconscious disgust perhaps?

Killer bit into the cupcake one more time, the flavor seeming to suit his taste. He hummed and nodded in satisfaction and finished the pastry in no time, already reaching in for another to complete his hunger. Dream watched silently, not stopping him from putting his hand in the box. Usually, he would be more enthusiastic about the other enjoying such things as gifted little pleasures like that but there were just too many thoughts in his skull, he couldn't process them all correctly. He kept asking himself questions, questions that he knew wouldn't have been answered unless he posed them directly and yet. . He still hesitated. He was still too nice even when there was an issue worth worrying about.

Noticing the smaller's unease, the assassin tapped his shoulder gently in order to take him away from his thoughts.

Hey, starry, something's wrong?

He asked, his grin still present and eye sockets opened wide. His orifices were staring right at Dream, so much that they felt like they were pinning him down in place. . They were so round and empty, they could've sucked in any possible thoughts the smaller had if it wasn't for all the scenes rushing through his mind. Infinite darkness dripped out of them like nothing, thin waterfalls that were as cold as ice. The guardian was used to this sight but this time, he felt an uncomfortable chill down his spine when looking at his boyfriend.

If he could still call him that.

Of course not, don't worry.

Dream made a gesture of his hand, waving it in a means to say that it wasn't necessary to worry and as much as his marvelous chuckle would've fooled anyone else, Killer didn't buy it. He didn't love him sure but he has gotten to observe the other throughout all of the months they have been together : he has learned his ways of thinking, the patterns of his speeches, the language of his body. . They were all off key at the moment. The guardian was like an instrument in his hands now, it would be as if no matter the note he played, it would sound off. He supposed that something suddenly got into the smaller's mind, it must've been something important if it made him seem that dull. So the assassin - who was still finishing his cupcake - pulled the Prince closer so that he could rest his cheekbone on his shoulder. His fingers moved across Dream's arm, caressing it all the way down so that his hand could slip to meet his lover's waist.