Chapter 1: The tide rolls in

I tap my finger impatiently against the wooden desk gazing out the window, as the hot sea breeze hits my face. I could basically taste the salty water on my taste buds as I inhale the salty but fishy scent of the waves crashing against the shore.

Tap
Tap
Tap

"...-(Y/N)!?" My attention snapped to the voice calling me repeatedly, and I turned my head towards it.

"Calm down, I get it, I get it. Sammy is married, and has 2 kids...While being my age! So what?" I rested my chin in my hand as I stare into her brown eyes.

"So what!?" She paused, the crevices on her skin showed her age, as she glared at me, "so what?! (Y/N) you're getting old! This old women can only worry as I watch your expiration date nears!"

My tapping paused as I narrowed my eyes and then rolled them, "I get you're worried about me and everything, but I'm not milk."

She shut her mouth in understanding and sat down on her chair that she stood up from abruptly. Her brown locks bouncing with every movement.

"Besides...I'm not interested in marriage, Gigaan..." I dismissed her outlandish ideas and stared back at the window.

Her line of sight followed mine and she sighed, "you're still obsessed with the idea of sailing out, even after turning 28? Mmm?" She scoffed like she was looking at a child.

"Yes? Problem with that?" I sneered at her scoff.

"Yes with everything, you know sailing out would be a bad idea considering how rough our reef is on boats. It's basically a boat sinker!" She exaggerated as she moved her hands around.

I stifled a snicker, and glanced back at her, "you do realise that is a tall tale told to kids, so they don't wander off or get any funny ideas?"

Gigaan's lip twitch as she stared at me, almost as if I grown 2 heads, "This brat! You definitely called me stupid didn't you!?"

I laugh,"No I didn't, but thanks for admitting that, guess you have self awareness hag!" My mouth spewed insults as I stuck out my tongue and got up from the desk.

She clenched her jaw, "If you're gonna insult me! It shouldn't be in my office! Get out!"

I rolled my eyes and quickly took the coat that was placed next to the chair I sat, and sped walked out, "this place is barely even a office!" I snickered as I quickly left the room and closed the door-then I heard something thrown against it.

"She's worried about me? She should worry about how much sugar she consumes," I click my tongue at the sweet tooth hag and throw my coat over my shoulder.

I exit the very sad looking building, which was constructed of wood. The town wasn't much, dirt paths carved their way through the land, taking where needs be. While flowers and bushes grew freely along these paths, as the hills overlooked other houses...and something else. The deep blue sea, which has always stolen my attention.
I stared at it for a moment as my hair blows in the wind, and then quickly turning around and sighing.

"Back to work I guess..." I crack my back and start walking off to my destination which is on the other side of the more populated village.

As I take each step, I drew closer to the tavern, and finally I arrive at the old looking tavern with hanging doors. I quickly push them and walk in speedily.

"Hey (Y/N)! Finally decided to work today?" one of the waitresses said with a cheeky grin.

I grin back,"hey Lee, maybe I should just retire while I'm at it," I nudged her arm playfully and walked behind the bar table.