Chapter 5: Unlucky

5 Years Ago

The wind splattered along my cheeks, and the stars grazed within the night sky. I raised my hand up and traced the stars with my Shakey finger. Laying down in my boat, which has been drifting off to who knows where, I slowly fell into boredom eventually.

There's only so much you can do alone...

I was dehydrated and starving too...poor planning. I didn't take into account that I would have difficulty navigating...or pirates for that fact. I forgot the sea isn't as forgiving as land.

I might have some form of self defence...but even I have limitations. An intense headache invades my senses, and I quickly hug myself. Groaning and moaning, I stir until it gets better.

No way, am I getting...seasick??

I was baffled by the sudden nausea, I dragged my body to the edge of the boat and quickly excreted the remainder of my measly breakfast.

I need to find land immediately...

The peaceful night was ongoing for who knows how long. The lack of log pose, plus my lack of spatial awareness, was taking a toll on me mentally. I stare at my dirty and disheveled reflection in the water.

The water was calm, but something stirred. Something large was grazing the waters surface. A boat. No. A pirate ship.
My head raises to the approaching ship, I drag tired body to the oar and gripped the chipped wood hard.

Swish
Swish

I row them mechanically with difficulty.

Swish
Swish

I grit my teeth as my arms began giving in. They shook with fervor and restrain, fighting against the once compliant sea.

I need to get away.

My head snaps to the ship once again, and it's much closer this time. My breaths became labored. Soon, I fell back on the boat, resigning myself to my weak vessel.

"Shit..." My lips quiver.

Soon, the approaching ship was right in front of mine. My head looks towards their pirate flag, and I try to decode it.

A clown?

___________

My eyes adjust to sudden light as I wake from my slumber. A plummeting headache invaded my senses. Soon after I adjust to my new surroundings and time of day, my lip twitches in irritation and awe while my eyes are stuck in one particular place. My hands grip the bars to the cage tightly, and my stomach growls in anger.

How did I get captured by...idiots?
I gaze at the chaotic banquet with confusion.

Idiots dancing.
Idiots eating.
Idiots fighting.

Everywhere my eyes went, all I saw were idiots..

What surprised me the most on this ship was the lion. What's a lion doing here? Don't they get seasick or something.

The lion titled his head and a guy with a lions mane responded, "C'mon Richie! Do the trick!"

Richie, the lion, stared at him and then the food the pirates were eating. Unfortunately, the man did not get the message and frowned.

"Richie! Jump the hoop!" But to no avail, the lion showed a distressed look.

My lip twitches, and I turn my head to another individual. He had dark green hair, and his fringe covered the side of his face. He rode a unicycle and threw swords against a rotating wheel with a passed out victim on it.