2000s

2000s

Dear Ma,

I finished my first grade in my Lola's care, but you suddenly come back and take me back with you again.

This time, I was very happy. Living with you and Tatay was one of the greatest memories I ever had. I was spoiled and filled with love from both you and Tatay. You are a bit strict when it comes to my studies but nevertheless, I know that you just want to guide me in doing my best.

A picture-perfect family, that what we are back then. A family of three in a house full of love. Years went by like this and during my fourth grade, you got pregnant. We will have an additional member of our family and it makes us happier even more.

After nine months, you gave birth to my baby brother. Our family is even more complete now. I was so happy when you let me choose my brother's name.

Fifth grade. Unfortunately, Tatay's company suddenly became bankrupt. A typical cliche if you ask me. You had no choice but to work abroad in order to support our family. I remember the day of your departure. I, together with your sister and Tatay accompany you to the airport. I was half asleep when the car stops to drop you off. I clearly remember how fast you walk away from us without looking back as you are holding back your tears.

When we got home, it suddenly hit me. You are gone and went to a very far away place from me.

Yours,

ECCA