The Date Part 2

Padme Amidala POV:

The Barista made me leave The line, apparently, I was holding up the line. Which in my opinion is bullshit. It's not like there weren't other baristas there to take orders from other lines, and besides they must get obnoxious people ordering the most complex coffees ever. Those must take longer just to say than it takes for me to complain about this. I spotted the Twi'lek boy from before walking out of the storage room from behind the counter. Now's my chance.

"You there! Wait up." I Say shout as I jump behind the counter, People stare at me But when Do they not?

"Umm, you're really not allowed to be back here, I could get in serious trouble if they think I have a person without the proper equipment on back here."

"Equipment?  This is a coffee shop, what equipment could you possibly have here?"

"Gloves, Apron, sometimes a hairnet." I just blinked at him.

"Who cares! The point is, I need a job here, and you just so happened to take up the position I need. So what I'm saying is..."

"You want me to put your name and holo-number in the hiring system so you can be called when a job opens up?"

"No stupid, I want your job!" I nearly yell.

"What? No way, I need the money from this job." He responded, Luckily there is one trick that always seems to work...bribery.

"How much is your rent?"

"That's none of your business." He spat

"Would twenty thousand credits be enough?" I replied with a smug smirk as I pulled out my checkbook.

"T-T-Twenty T-Thousand Credits." He just managed to say as his jaw dropped to the floor in surprise as I handed him the check.

"Your lying. You just want my job, this must be a fake check."

"I'll go to the bank with you to cash it."

"I can't, I have to work."

"Then quit. You're twenty thousand credits richer." 

"Let's go to the bank." We walked to the bank and low and behold, it wasn't fake.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" He tried to hug me but I stopped him in time before he could ruin my outfit with his...filth.

"Ew ew no, I don't know where you've been."

"Oh, ok. You have no idea how much this will change my life!" He was nearly jumping for joy. I took the check from his fingers.

"Not so fast. I need you to quit your job."

He took a deep sigh. "Fine."

"Let's go back" We walked back to the coffee shop, I watched him walk behind the corner and tap the Barista from before on the shoulder. She signed and saw me, she walked over to me.

"It looks like we have an open position. Just know, I have a feeling you had something to do with this, I'm watching you." 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Let's start the hiring process."