The Date Part 4

Ahsoka POV: 

Padme brought out our drinks, while we continued making small talk.  She kept asking us how our drinks were every five minutes. I still couldn't figure out what she had against me, but it seemed like she has feelings for Anakin.

"So where do you work?" His voice seemed earnest when he asked.

"At a mechanic shop."

"So you can fix stuff? That's pretty cool."

"Well...I can't exactly fix stuff. It's more of an apprenticeship than an actual job."

"But you still get paid?" I nodded in response.

"Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me." Padme came back again, this time she had an actual excuse for being obsessed with us. She had the bill.

"Would you like to pay with cash or a card?" She held out her hands for either.

"Cash." He said bluntly, he put the correct amount in her hands, not bothering to look her in the eyes.

"Would you like to tip?" She asked with her nicest smile and sweetest voice.

 "No, I wouldn't." She looked taken aback by this

"Well for one you took twenty minutes to make our drinks, and we're two of three people here that aren't staff, two you were eavesdropping on our conversation the entire time, three you just so happened to get a job at the same coffee shop that I'm going to have my first date at, and finally, you have been nothing but rude, stuck up, dismissive, and terrible to Ahsoka."

She scoffed feeling insulted and left with his cash and our bill.

"I guess so. Hey, you never told me what you did for money?" His face went red, his eyes looked so wide they would burst, and you could see the fear in his face.

"A little bit of this, a little bit of that."

Wow, like what?" 

"Umm...well, I like to babysit and sell stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

"Clothes." I felt as though he was hiding something from me. He checked his watch and stared back up at me. 

"Oh look at the time, I'm late for my shift." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry for keeping you la- " The realization hit me as he speed-walked away.

"Didn't You just say you're a babysitter?"

"Uhh..." 

"This couple I sit for has some real terrible kids, they have a constant rotation of sitters just to keep them from killing one another." He said as he headed for the doors

That made sense, right? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he's just embarrassed about being a babysitter, but then again who would be embarrassed by that?

"I gotta go, see you at school." He waved goodbye and left. I stood there, unable to move. It took me a second to move again. I eventually left the shop and headed back to my apartment, I had homework I needed to catch up on anyway, but I still couldn't shake my thoughts off of Anakin. Something about him needing to leave so quickly seemed off. Maybe I could ask one of his friends...but then they might tell him and he would think I don't trust him. 

I opened the broken door to my apartment, the grey paint clashed poorly with the orange curtain that framed the broken windows. I sat down next to my backpack on the floor and pulled out my homework and a pencil. I had four homework assignments to finish before tomorrow, I had been too busy with work, stressing over the 'date', the actual 'date', and adjusting to my new life on Coruscant that I didn't have any time for homework. 

I was always going to have homework for Aurebreh, it could be weekdays, weekends, or break. The teacher would always assign homework. Students told me that, the teacher told me that, and even other teachers told me that. I get the feeling he doesn't like me that much,  he thinks I don't know the language as well because I'm a Togruta. I heard a knock on my door, maybe it was Anakin?  Kister must have seen which apartment I live in and told him. 

To my shock and in a lot of ways horror, it wasn't Anakin it was my mother.

"Mom?"

Authors note: OK so, Ahsoka's mom has shown up but what does she want and why is she here? I will update soon. If you have any ideas for future chapters or a different story altogether, I would love to hear them.