Chapter 1 : The Heater

December 10th, 6:04 P.M., 2018
Chester's POV:

Parker and I had finally released our music video and our new song, school degree.
It was Parker's idea, since we had been receiving some hate on our channel, we decided to respond. We had been filming and recording for months, so we were happy to be able to finish our work.
"Dude, i'm so glad this is over," Parker says while leaning back on his gaming chair.
I was sat down on his bed against the wall, while his chair was turned to face me.
"Me too, we've been working on it forever," I said while removing my sunglasses.
It was around 6:30 P.M., and we were both getting hungry. I was a terrible cook, which Parker could agree with, so he usually did the cooking. Tonight, we decided to order a pizza. When the delivery man arrived, I handed him the money and took the pizza inside.
"PARKER, PIZZAS HERE!" I yelled from the kitchen.
"Coming," he said, as I jumped in response when I realized he was in the room next to me.
"Sorry, I thought you were upstairs," I said with a laugh, looking down at my feet.
"Bro, do you still feel embarrassed around me? We've been living together for a year now, and somehow you still get nervous when you do something clumsy," he said with a smile.
"Stop calling me out, Parker," I say while playfully shoving him.
He steps back towards me and shoves me the same way, and soon we are battling in the kitchen. As we laugh and continue to push at each other, Parker accidentally gives me a slightly harder shove, putting me off balance. I put my hands in the air, trying to steady myself, as I begin to tip backwards. Parker quickly grabs my waist, keeping me steady on the ground. My face begins to turn bright red, as I look up at him.
"Sorry," I blurt out.
"Bro, I didn't mean to knock you over," he said sincerely.
"No it's okay, thanks for catching me," I reply, noticing his hands are still on me.
He catches me looking at his hands and quickly puts them behind his back, grabbing me a plate and handing it over.
Woah, did I just make Parker nervous?
I grinned in victory, knowing usually he was the one making me blush.
I've known him since we were five. I think i've always liked Parker more than he knows, but within these past few years, I can't argue that my feelings are undeniable. I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, which Parker never minded. Even when people at school would bully me, he always stood up for me.
I think I realized how much I liked him when we were 16 years old, and a girl asked him out. He panicked and said yes, and I couldn't understand why I was so hurt. After one date, he called me said how insufferable she was. I was happy. I was happy that my best friend's date went awful.
That's when it hit me.
There's times when we will be scrolling on Instagram together, seeing fan art of people shipping us. Sometimes he'd not-so-subtly glance at me, and occasionally if the art was really good, he liked the post.
I've always had a small part of me think I had a chance. I mean, we did everything together, we lived together, and we always talked about stuff with each other.
Parker had never said anything about being gay or bi, but sometimes I wonder if he feels tension between us like I do.
My mind is brought back into the moment when Parker begins to talk.
"So, the electrician can't get here until next week."
"What?" I asked, confused.
"The heater, it broke down this morning. It's going to get cold in the nights, until someone can come fix it," he says.
"Oh, yeah, okay," I answer while taking a bite of pizza.
I secretly hoped I could stay in Parker's room. When we filmed videos at others houses, we shared a bed, which kept me warm and feeling safe. Although i'd never admit it, I do get afraid sleeping alone sometimes.
After we finished eating, I went upstairs to get a shower, while Parker did the same downstairs. Once I turned off the hot water, I started to realize how cold it really was in here. I put on a pair of pants and a sweatshirt that I wasn't sure
if it was mine or Parker's, and went up to my room. Soon, I heard the water downstairs turn off, and not long after I saw Parker walk past my door. He was wearing shorts and a T-shirt, while he hair was still wet.
"Dude, aren't you like freezing?"
"Yeah, I didn't think about it, i'm about to change," he answered while heading towards his room.
I got up and wandered into the bathroom, brushing my teeth quickly, eager to get back under the covers.
I went into my room, about to shut the door when I saw Parker coming into the hall.

8:47 P.M.
Parker's POV:

I walked into the hall, headed towards the bathroom when I saw Chester in his doorframe. His ginger hair was still damp from the shower, while his light blue eyes looked up into my darker ones. I was a few feet away from him, wondering if he was cold or not, because I sure was.
"Going to bed?" I asked him, knowing he usually went to sleep early.
"Yeah, I was just gonna watch TV or something for a little while," he replied, pulling at the bottom of his sleeves.
I looked down at his arms, noticing his hands hiding in my sweatshirt.
"Are you cold?" I questioned.
"A little," he said with a smile.
"I was just gonna watch something in my room for a bit, after I finish, uh, you know," I say while awkwardly gesturing to the bathroom, "I mean, if you wanted to you could come into my room, if you want... sorry, maybe just-"
Chester started to laugh.
"What?" I said with a furrowed brow.
"Look whose nervous now," he said with a smirk.
God, he looked pretty.
"You know what? Maybe I'll take my offer back then," I said sarcastically.
"No, no, I'll come in your room. Just give me a second," he answered while turning his back to me, walking through his doorframe.
I felt my face burn up. I ran to the bathroom, brushing my teeth in no rush to see Chester all cutely curled up in my sheets.
What's going on with me?
He's my best friend. I shouldn't be thinking like this!
I turned on the sink, finishing up whole drowning out my thoughts of the boy waiting for me in my bed.
I walked into my room, seeing chester with his hood loosely pulled over his head, his whole body hiding under the blankets. I noticed he was sitting on the left side of the bed, where I always slept.
"Chester, you happen to be on the wrong side," I said while walking towards the side of the bed where he was laying.
"Do I?" he said with a small smile.
He knew what he was doing, didn't he?
I tackled him on the bed while he squealed and giggled.
"Parker! Get off of me!" he said in between yelps.
"Not until you get on your side of the bed," I answered, slightly winded while still fighting him. After a few seconds, I was able to roll Chester over to the other side. I sat with my knees on both sides of his hips, sitting on his waist while holding his arms next to his head. I knew I had to move off of him before I started to get flustered again.
"Got you," I said with a grin while rolling onto my back on my side.
"That wasn't fair," he complained.
"How so?"
"You're taller and stronger than me."
"And?" I teased.
"I hate you," he said with a laugh.
"Nah, you like me," I said while propping myself on my elbows to face him.
I couldn't help but notice him blushing. Suddenly, I wondered if he liked the feeling of me on top of him as much as I did.
I shook the thought from my head and grabbed the remote, turning on "My Strange Addiction."
Once it reached 10:30 P.M., we both began to doze off. I turned off the TV, leaving us in pitch black. I felt Chester shivering a few inches away from me, as I bravely wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him towards me.
"What are yo-"
I put my hand over his mouth to cut him off.
"You're shaking," I whispered.
I put one of my arms wrapped around his waist, while the other was under him holding his chest. His heart raced as his body became less tense, melting into my touch. I pulled myself up a bit, putting my chin atop his head. His heart rate slowed down, his breathing becoming deeper and more comfortable.
"Goodnight, Chester," I whispered so quietly, he may not have been able to hear me.
His chest continued to rise and fall, as mine stayed the same. I knew my sleep wasn't going to be taking place yet.
Do people usually do this with their best friend?
I sighed heavily and closed my eyes, appreciating 1the moment spent with him in my arms.

word count: 1603