The First Curse - Death In A Wedding Dress

Mikey was enthusiastic.

He was finally getting married, one that he didn't expect ever since he was young. Never believed to himself that someone would actually want to be with him romantically, more or less getting into another level of love that bloomed between him and Senju. It was unexpected that they managed to know each other from the start, much more if never given thought by the others that they would hit it off! Both having similarities and differences at the same time, it could be seen why they are a pair.

Fixing his neck tie while Draken helps him tie his hair, Mikey felt both nervousness and excitement. "Ken-chin, is this how you felt when getting married to Emma?"

"Hm," Draken squeezed the hair tie. "Feels unreal, doesn't it?"

Mikey nodded as he gave a grin in response, glancing at the wall clock. The wedding will start in a few minutes and by the rehearsal which he took multiple times, he should be at the altar waiting for his future wife. Mikey blushed at the thought of calling Senju his wife, and he was waiting at the altar as he was being comforted by his friends and family to calm down.

The ceremony finally started, everyone was in proper arrangement and the priest was standing in the middle as he will be the one who will bless the couple. And when Mikey heard that it was time to open the church doors, he focused in that direction as he saw Senju, his future wife, in a wedding dress.

God, it feels surreal. Her snowy hair matching her dress, her light makeup that would highlight her face, the flowers on her hands... Senju was remarkably beautiful. Mikey was trying his best to not cry at the sight, emotions flowing inside him and felt that his older brother was approving them both to be together.

Takeomi and Haruchiyo were the ones who walked their little sister in the aisle, and Mikey could tell that the brothers were also joyous to have him as their brother-in-law, especially Haruchiyo. Once when she set her foot to where Mikey is, she looked so beautiful in his eyes. Now that Mikey can see her closer, he couldn't wait to lift her veil and seal their marriage already.

The priest did what he does best, blessing and leading the wedding ceremony. It never took long when he told them to recite their wedding vows. For Mikey, there was an option if he would just read the default wedding vow or speak from the heart. Of course, he would choose the second option - and if it's for Senju, he'd be willing to talk about how much he loves that woman.

He took a deep breath, "Sen."

That lovely nickname he gave her sounded so sweet.

"You know how much I love dorayakis, right?" Everyone inside the cathedral chuckled and Senju rolled her eyes as she giggled. "But it's not as much as I love you."
"Akashi Senju, thank you for waiting. Thank you for letting me learn how to love someone again, thank you for saving me along with Takemitchy." He grinned, holding Senju's hand tighter. "Remember that time where I'm sunken into darkness and you had to fight to get my senses back?"

Senju nodded.

"I think that was the time when I fell in love with you. It's not that weird, right? Falling in love with a person who beats you. But, it was nice. I felt... peace when I saw the pouring sky. You were staring at it as well, laying on the ground tired after fighting with me. Then, I thought to myself if I could repay such kindness, will I be able to make you happy? And, you said in return that you'll wait until I make sure I can make you happy." He was sure he could see tears forming in Senju's eyes. "Say, did I make you happy now?"

"Happier than I could've been." Senju smiled, knowing it's her turn to say the vows. "Sano Manjiro~ since when did you get so cheesy?"

"But yes... that time, I did love you so I waited patiently for you to make sure you'll be able to make me happy. I wanted to make you happy as well! I... wanted to defeat you in exchange that you would be saved from that darkness that engulfed you. Must it be because you also saved me from that day?"