The Fourth Curse - Mirroring Deaths

It had been months ever since Mikey's first time leap session where he had to witness three deaths in a row. Has he ever been this tired? He couldn't remember since the last time he was, but he also refused to rest. There would be times he'd be asking it, and this time, there was an exception. A priority that needed to be focused on more than what everything is happening lately.

Takemichi was highly strict when it came to this, the light on his eyes were like a trajectory for a timeline to process. The future wasn't that different; it was the same, at least for other people. Since there's only three people who only knew about the case of a younger Akashi, there was a slight and faint difference in the current timeline they are in.

Naoto was practically tallying things in between work and personal ones. Still eager as always, the detective knew what he was doing like a professional would. He was in a higher rank so handling and arranging a meeting anytime would be just flexible for him to do. Well, he has a secretary to help him with such as trying to sort out his workload and attend weekly seminars for the lad.

Mikey appreciated both Naoto and Takemichi's work and that helped him to stay firm and work harder. (But the fact that he never told Naoto that Draken might've already figured out his time leap abilities was keeping him a little bothered. He could save the reaction later, if that would help him out.)

Lately though, his friends and family were certainly keeping an eye on him. It was slightly noticeable on what the blond had been doing for these past few months, others were thinking that maybe he was trying to figure out ways to cope from the passing of his late lover. For instance, there was a time when Izana had planned to have a brotherly bond with Mikey.

It's not like he refused or actually said no, Mikey was fond of his adoptive older brother. Usually, he would say yes to him and have fun - and for them, a heavy spar was a bond to them, just to see who's the strongest. Izana was denying about being bitter and somehow cannot accept the fact that the blond was always, and always will be, stronger than him. Just a few numbers... probably.

He'd be second though, and that could be enough for him. The silver-haired lad thought back then, he did meet his brother's fiance a few years ago when a reconciliation happened between them. Mikey was highly proud and quite clingy towards Senju, so when he had dared her to go with him, the results were not so far.

She was strong and Izana approved of that, and Mikey thought it was a blessing. Truly, the woman was remarkably talented in fighting and he could see how his blond brother fell in love with the albino. Izana didn't get mad when Mikey first time said no to his invitation on having a brotherly bond with him, he understands that he likely needed time to mourn.

Not until that the refusal went on as months went by. Suspicions were growing but figuring that he should just observe from afar would be the best before confronting him. He'd be watching him, just like how he used to.

Next, Emma - the sandy blonde woman constantly checked Mikey even though they don't live in the same house anymore. Now, who checks the Sano family dojo? Izana. The arrangements for that were settled nicely and it was a birthday gift for him, honestly. She, as a sister, would do her best to be a good sibling.

For all the things she wants to repay for the kindness Mikey gave her, she couldn't figure out the slightest change in her older brother's appearance. Eye bags were likely much more visible but were hidden with the help of face cream he applies on any other day. Senju's death occurred a few months ago and yet he was still mourning?

It's not her place to judge since she wasn't the one who lost a romantic partner... but it was strange. When Shinichiro had died, Mikey had moved on less than two months and never did forget the memory when he was still alive. Getting rid of the thought, her hands slid through Mikey's cupboards in the kitchen when she came into contact with a cookbook.