15¶¶ SWEARING

ASHLEY

"

Never have I been so happy to receive a call from Jayden.

I've never seen Kyle and Diana look so confused before.

"What do you want?" I said walking away from my office.

"Hello to you too Ashley." I heard the sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"I'm at work, so if you have anything to say, do it before I cut this damn call." I whisper yelled.

"You picked Jordan up yet?"

"Of course I did. Anything else."

"I'm at your apartment, do you want me to pick her up?"

"No! What part of keeping this whole thing a secret, do you not understand?"

"I could send Jin."

"Someone might recognize him." By someone, I meant Vanessa. "I'll ask someone else don't worry."

"That's not safe. You can't just entrust my daughter's safety to anyone."

"I've been taking care of her for almost 6 years now, she'll be fine."

"Ashl....." I deadened the lined before he could rant anymore.

I had bigger problems right now.

I walked back in to the office, Kyle was chuckling to whatever Jordan told him, Diana was leaning on the table and laughing as well while reading something.

They all paused when they saw me.

"Uhmmm, Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk you for a sec?"

"Sure." He stood up and we went to the lobby.

"I need a favor, but if it's inconvenient, you can...."

"What do you need?" He interrupted me."

"Could you please drop Jordan at my apartment? She, uhmmmm, she has a visitor. I would've gone myself but, there are alot of things I need to do here. I'm really sorry for inconve........"

"I get it Ash. You really don't have to apologize. It's okay." He reached for the door knob.

"Kyle, I promise, when you get back I'll tell you everything okay?"

"It's actually none of my business. If you don't want to tell me, it's.."

"No, no. I already planned to tell both of you but, Jordan hastened the process."

"Okay then. I'll just drop Jordan off with her visitor I guess." He gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Thank you."

"Always.

~*~
JAYDEN

"

I could only think of two reasons why Ashley was ignoring me.

One, she got kidnapped at work and the kidnapper disposed of her phone.

Two, she was ignoring me.

The first reason was highly impossible so she was definitely ignoring me.

My phone beeped and I hurriedly went to check the message that came in.

Ash

Jordan is on her way there. Now for the love of God quit calling me I need to work 🤬.