Chapter 3: Starry Owls

(I decided to do this story in 3rd POV since there's constantly so much going on. Plus, there's a lot of characters, and I want all their viewpoints in the story. Sorry for the change :))

Eleven years ago...

A young four-year-old named Princess Octavia wakes up from a nightmare. She calls for her parents, waking her father immediately.

"Stella, Octavia is calling for us." Stolas, the Owl Prince, says to his wife, but the cold woman shakes her head as she mumbles at him to get up. He touches her shoulder, but she jerks away from him, burying herself deeper into her pillows. It's moments like this where Stolas wishes he never married Stella, but then he wouldn't have his precious Octavia.

With a deep sigh, Stolas grabs his silk red robe, putting it on as he makes his way towards Octavia's room. When he finds her bedroom door, which is enchanted to match the midnight sky, he opens it to find his daughter shaking under her blanket.

"What troubles you, my owlet?" Stolas asks, as he makes his way towards her bed.

"Daddy? Daddy!" Octavia, dressed in her pink gown with white stars, cries as she climbs out of her bed, meeting him halfway across her room. Stolas bends down to pick her up. "I had a dream. A really bad dream."

"A nightmare." Stolas corrects as he yawns. He rubs his daughters face softly, seeing the fear and tears in her eyes.

"I was looking all over the palace, and I couldn't find you anywhere. You weren't there." Octavia cries, latching onto his rob as he starts to make his way towards her bed.

"There, there Via. It's okay. You're okay." Stolas says, holding his daughter closely as he uses his powers to carry his Grimoire over to the bed with them. "When you're scared and don't know where I am, you must remember that no matter what happens to me, I will never be far away from my special little Starfire."

Stolas nuzzles the top of her head with his own as he wiggles his fingers, opening the book with his powers. He starts to sing a song, using the book to take them to the Realm of Stars.

"It always seems more quiet in the dark." Stolas sings, his daughters eyes staring at him in wonder as they land on the moon. "It always feels so stuck how silence grows under the moon. Constellations gone so soon. I used to think that I was bold."

Stolas walks along the moon, both of them looking at the many stars in admiration.

"I used to think love would be fun. Now, all my stories have been told except for one." Stolas sings, looking down at his daughter. "As the stars start to align, I hope you take it as a sign that you'll be okay. Everything will be okay."

Stolas sits on a rock as Octavia watches the planets around them slowly form into a straight line.

"And if the seven rings collapse, although the day would not be lost. You will be okay." The planet that they're sitting on splits and slowly starts to float apart as the fly on their piece of the moon. "When I'm gone, you will be okay."

Octavia yawns as her eyes close, and she lays her head on her father's chest as he finishes the song out. The planets around them all crash into each other and explode.

"And when creation goes to die, you can find me in the sky upon the lost day." Stolas sings, bringing his daughter back to her room and laying her in her bed. He makes his way to the door looking at her as he closes it. "And you will be okay."

~~

Present time...

A loud crash wakes up Octavia, who is now 16 years old.