- Stay -

CHRISTOPHE KNEW GREGORY FOR YEARS. This disheveled man who appeared on his mother's doorstep wasn't Gregory. In an out-of-character show of tenderness, he cupped the blond's face and murmured, "What did they do to you...?"

Gregory leaned against Christophe's touch as if it was all he had left. "I think I've fucked myself," he whispered back.

So Christophe took Gregory underground, wrapped him up in blankets, and hung a dreamcatcher over his head. "May you sleep?" he pressed. "You'll feel better in the morning."

But Gregory wasn't convinced. "You won't leave me?"

"I'd never leave you."

All it took was Christophe near for Gregory to be lulled. Sleep overtook him quickly—for he was exhausted and sick—which was the luckiest thing to Christophe. He petted his hair because it looked like a poodle's fringe and smiled.

He'd never fallen in love before, but he was getting closer every day. It was alarming. Christophe chose to ignore it. Loving him now would be selfish. Gregory doesn't need his romance, he just needs some time and care.

And maybe a quick kiss on the forehead.

Perhaps it would help if Christophe held his hand.

It definitely wouldn't hurt if they fell asleep next to each other.

He was screwed, wasn't he?

   In the morning when Christophe woke up, he felt Gregory's arms around him. The sad man had wrapped himself around the closest person to him and hid in his chest.

   Christophe felt his heart beat faster. He was afraid. This had never happened before; he didn't even know what was going on. "Gregory", he hissed anxiously. When the blond didn't stir, he just pried himself away and stood up, climbing over him and sitting on the floor to regain himself.

   "Clingy bastard," he whispered harshly. But he knew that Gregory was probably as afraid as he was.