- FEEL -

CHRISTOPHE WAS RIGHT. When Gregory awoke, he felt sore and heavy. He trembled and pulled the blankets under his body. His bones felt cold and worn. He was afraid.

   "They're gonna kill me," he whispered. "I'm going to die."

    Christophe didn't want to hear it. He padded over to Gregory and looked over him. "I hate your stupid parents. I won't let them hurt you. Out of spite."

   Gregory sat up and quickly threw himself onto Christophe, making the Frenchman flinch. Gregory tried to speak but instead choked on his words and sobbed. He hadn't cried in ages. His tears were old and rotten, but they were well deserved.

   Christophe stiffly patted his back and let him cry on his shoulder. Gregory's whole body shuddered and his hands struggled to find a reliable grip on Chris's green jacket. It felt like ages before he finally settled down.

       "I'm sorry," Gregory said pathetically.

   "It's whatever." Christophe lit up a cigarette and slumped down on the messy bed. He said again, "I hate your parents. They took you away from me."

   "From you...?" asked Gregory as he situated his trembling body next to his companion.

    "From–" Chris corrects himself "–everyone, really."

  Gregory hummed and leaned against Christophe. He felt like he truly needed the physical support.

   Christophe huffed, "You know what? I'm going to defile God. Just watch."