Chapter 3, the capital

Me, kirishima and Katsuki wake up to the smell of breakfast, Deku comes out of the kitchen with food and smiles. "Good morning, I was just about to wake you guys up, I finished that map you asked for and made breakfast" he says, I sit up and smile. "Thank you midoriyia." We start eating as Deku explains the map. After we finish breakfast Deku lets us replenish our supplies and we head out onto our long journey. Even though we walked as far as we could we knew we still needed to cover more ground if we were to ever hope to make it to the volcano in time. So against our better judgment we let kirishima transform into his dragon form and we climb on his back to cover more ground. I doze off against katsuki for a while. At least until my ear twitches, I shoot up from where I was laying nearly knocking myself off of kirishima's back when suddenly a large arrow fired from a ballista nearly misses us. There's people shouting at us, even I can barley hear them. "Land down on the ground and put your hands in the air!" I sigh, "kirishima we need to land and clear this up" I tell him, the dragon nods and starts to go down. "Why the f*ck are we going down, just ignore them" katsuki says and I roll my eyes. "If we ignore them we will be shot out of the sky idiot" I say and he looks a bit annoyed. We land and I immediately notice their guards from the capital. Maybe we should've kept flying- the guards have us drop our weapons and we're taken into the city and locked in a dungeon, katsuki is yelling and threatening them but they seem to be unfazed, I give it a go by explaining the situation but they just laugh cause of how unbelievable it sounds when talking about it outside of our little group, we sit there for what feels like hours until I hear a familiar voice. I stand up and yell as loud as I can. "SHO!!" I scream, sho is a nickname I gave the young prince since my lisp caused me to have a hard time with my t's as a kid and the nickname kinda just stuck. The young prince turns to see us and sends an ice cold glare to his guards. "Why are my friends locked up in here?"  The young prince asks his guards, a small amount of annoyance evident in his voice. "They were flying on a dragon near the city prince shoto, you know how people around here ever since the dragon attack." The guard replies. "That was your guys fault for showing up and trying to take over their welpling grounds." Katsuki growls and I nudge him in the arm and shake my head. Although he was right it really wasn't time to antagonize the young prince, especially cause he was getting us out. "Release my friends immediately." Sho says and the guard sighs. "Fine, but what should we do about the dragon?" The guard asks and sho looks at me. "Our dragon wouldn't hurt a fly, he was just flying us here so I could rest." I say and sho nods. "Let the dragon go as well" sho tells the guard, and reluctantly unlocks the cell releasing us. "And we want our shit back" katsuki says. The guard nods and hands us our weapons, potions, spare clothes and camping supplies, with that we leave. "I didn't expect to see you guys here in the capital, neither of you have ever been huge fans of large cities" sho says looking back at us. "We aren't, we were stopping by since this place has an inn we can stay at before progressing further" I tell him. Before todoroki could say anything katsuki cuts in. "You wouldn't happen to have a fire stone laying around in your ungodly amount of riches, or in a shop maybe?" Katsuki asks. "No? Those aren't from their region and they're incredibly rare- why do you ask? Kira has one doesn't she?" Sho asks incredibly confused on why we would need one. "Funny story actually...a man and his group of bandits traded it with me in exchange for these two.." I say looking down. He stays quiet for a moment then sighs. "Meaning you're on a mission to get you a new one before your year is up, correct?" He asks already knowing the answer. "Yep" I tell him. "What route are you taking?" He asks. "Around the undead forest-" before I could finish sho cuts me off. "You don't have enough time to do that, that's almost a month out of the way from the direction you're headed" he says "why don't we just fly over?" Kirishima asks. "You can't fly high enough for long enough to avoid the monkey spiders, they can jump 30 feet in the air and they sting and eat anything that produces heat, and with our limited coin and resources going through that forsaken place isn't an option either" I tell him, the dragon gulps nervous just thinking about it. Suddenly sho hands me a small piece of paper with the kings seal on it. "How did you-" once again I'm cut off by todoroki. "There's a church just outside of the city, show them this and they will give you the supplies you need to get through the forest" he says with a soft smile on his face. I hug him "thank you so much sho, you have no idea how much this means to me" I say with a smile across my face. Katsuki is once again scowling. Sho hugs back with a soft smile still on his face. "Of course my friend, I would hate to see you lose your life just because of a lack of ability to travel through the forest" he says. I'm absolutely ecstatic. "I know you're on a time crunch but do you think you could stay one night, we could go get drinks at a tavern and I'd get you an Inn" he asks. "I suppose one night won't hurt" I say and smile as katsuki's mumbles "it will hurt but whatever" and kiri pats him on the back to try to comfort him. The four of us walk to a tavern that todoroki likes and we sit down, getting food drinks and listening to the live music. We do this until it's late into the night and we head to the Inn for the night, even though todoroki is paying we decide to get one room since it's cheaper and easier. Once we get up to the room we realize- there's 4 of us, and only 3 beds. "Oh, there must've been a mistake, I'll go speak to the Inn keeper" sho says but I stop him. "She's really busy, it'll be fine, I'll just share with someone, the third bed is big so it's fine" I say and smile. "If your sure, you can just share with me if your ok with that" he says, I don't think he actually meant it the way katsuki took it, but it was the final nail in the coffin for him, he may not have lost his chill if he wasn't a bit tipsy but it's to late for that now. "Hell no icy hot! She's gonna share with me and you can back the f*ck off!" Bakugo screams at the young prince. In a slight panic I rush to his side and cover his mouth. "There's other people sleeping here, I don't care who I share with, just please keep it down Kat" I tell him and he sighs flopping on the large bed we would share. I get ready for bed, crawl under the covers and get ready to sleep once the lights turn off, I jump slightly when I feel arms wrap around me but I relax realizing it was just Kat, this isn't unusual for the two of us, he says it's cause he's worried I'll get hurt or I'll sleep walk or something, but as of recently I'm not sure how true that is. But it doesn't matter right now I close my eyes and fall asleep snuggled in katsuki's arms.