Chapter Seven

she's here.

I held the strawberry keychain gingerly in my hand as I walked down the corridor. It kind of calmed me down and I was relieved to be able to breathe properly again. the corridors were mostly empty but when I reached the main hall, I saw different people all running around... some held wands, some wore a frilly dress, and some were in tanks or bathtubs being dragged around.

They were loud and it kind of ticked me off, but I managed to stay calm and collected.

"Hey, there you are." I felt an arm wrap around me and when I looked up, I was greeted by Ember's friendly smile. "Been looking for you, thought you left without saying goodbye."

I chuckled. "Good morning, to you, too." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Ready for today?" she asked, and I shook my head, she then tightened her hold on me and leaned over to level my ear. "You'll do great, and if things go wrong, I'll come rescue you and your sister." she whispered.

"Don't." I mumbled. "I don't want anybody to get hurt, it'll be quick and easy and maybe I can escape on my own." I said.

She sighs then leaned away, waving at someone I couldn't see and soon I was surrounded by unfamiliar faces. They all have different tints to their hair, one had orange dyed hair with their brown roots showing, some just had a green highlighted part, someone had part black and part pink, and another had their tips dyed a nice bright blue.

"This is my crew." Ember stated. Then proceeded to point at them.

"That's Rogue." She said while motioning for the boy with slightly long dark hair with blue tips, He waved at me with a toothed grin, his dark wings fluttering.

"Mal." The one with orange dyed hair nodded at me.

"Sean." Ember pointed to the person with a green highlighted part.

"And lastly, Minnie." Ember said while motioning for the person with pink in their hair.

"So, you're the famous Maxine." Said Mal, tilting her head as she circled around me.

"Oh~! I especially like the thing you did with Quinn yesterday! You really gave her a fright!" Minnie stated, shaking the person right next to them which was Sean.

"No—" I paused, shaking my head. "Ye...Yesterday was an accident." I mumbled, fidgeting with the strawberry keychain.

"Don't worry, we know what happened. We were there." Rogue stated bluntly. "Quinn has turned into a bitch, hasn't she?"

I turned to look at Ember and she nodded. "I wasn't there but these guys told me what happened, I couldn't believe she would do that to you, it isn't like her at all—"

"Stop being so blind." Mal snapped, shaking her head. "Ever since that day you disregard every bad thing that we say about her when in fact you know these are the truth. You can't still be in love with her, can you?"

In love... so... Ember and Quinn were once... I shook my head, pushing away those thoughts. I didn't want to think about it! I refuse.

"No, I'm not." I heard Ember say. "But she is still someone I care about, and I just didn't think she could be so cruel."

"Oh! You better believe it sistah~!" declared Minnie.

"So... Miss Maxine—" Rogue started to say.

"Just Max is okay." I stated cutting him off, he smiled and nodded.

"Max, do you want to sit with us during breakfast today?" he asked.