Respect the Hustle

It was the day after the bell test disaster. Everyone in the Uchiha-Uzumaki-di Angelo household was doing their morning activities. Shin was sharpening his weapons, Sai was making more chakra ink, Naruto was watering his garden, Sasuke was brushing his hair, and Maria was-

"It's a new day, but it all feels old~! It's a good life, that's what I'm told~! But everything it all just feels the same~!", Maria sang in a voice as cringe as possible as she washed her hair.

Maria could sing (her Uncle Al would have disowned her if she couldn't), but she wanted to be annoying. So she decided to sing 'The Anthem' by Good Charlotte in a voice that cracked more than a twelve year old boys. The reactions her friends had when they heard her were so funny.

"WOULD YOU SHUT THE HELL UP?!"

Case in point, Sasuke.

Maria laughed quietly, stopped singing and turned off the water, climbing out of the shower and wrapping herself up in a towel. She had been living with guys for about two days now, and so far things had been peaceful. They hadn't been living with each other long enough to discover their annoying habits though, so she wondered how long that peace would last.

The Uchiha clan head house was extremely nice once all the dust had been cleaned up. There were still boxes everywhere, and organization was non-existent everywhere except the bedrooms, but it was a wonderful home. Sasuke had taken his old room, Sai, Shin and Naruto were staying in guest bedrooms, and Maria was staying in the master bedroom. No one else wanted to stay in there because that was where Sasuke's parents were murdered, but Maria didn't care about that.

"Ain't no ghosts keeping me from my king-sized bed.", she had said as she moved her stuff into the room, earning a horrified look from Sasuke and a weirded out look from Shin and Naruto. Sai just blinked at her before he went back to his art book.

No one wanted Itachi's room, not that Sasuke would let anyone have it. He was dead set on dragging Itachi back to the village. It was kind of funny, he had gone from 'I am an avenger' to 'I will weaponize this frying pan to bring my brother home and do some revenge on the side'.

Maria opened the bathroom door and smirked down at a blushing Sasuke. She was wet and wearing nothing under the tiny white towel she had wrapped around her. Sasuke not-so-subtly looked her up and down before clearing his throat and speaking.

"I-um, can-can I talk to you?", he stuttered adorably. Maria chuckled at his sudden shyness.

"Sasuke, we live together.", she stated. The boy didn't need to request a conversation with her when they shared a fridge. Sasuke nodded.

"Right, so uh, can I talk to you?", he asked again. Maria raised an eyebrow.

"Sure. Can I get some clothes on first?", she asked. Sasuke looked her up and down again and nodded stiffly.

"Y-yeah sure. Meet me out back when you're done.", he said as sternly as he could, and then he left down the hallway as quickly as he possibly could without running. Maria laughed.

"He's so adorable.", she cooed. The pink haired woman walked down the hallway to her bedroom to get ready for the day.

—-----------------------------------------------------------

Once Maria was fully clothed, she walked out back into the garden with her hands deep in the pockets of her leather jacket. The garden had been Sasuke's mother's when she was alive, and when she died Sasuke took over tending to it, despite the fact he didn't live in the main house after the massacre. It was a beautiful place, filled with brightly colored flowers, which surrounded a small duck pond. Once she reached the edge of the pond, Maria was unsurprised to find Sasuke sitting on a log and feeding the ducks bits of bread.