Enter, Team Badass Motherfucker!

Maria crossed her arms and sighed. After about half an hour of chaos, she had managed to get everyone to take a seat at her kitchen table, where she sat at the head. She gave Sai, who was sitting directly beside her on her left, the side eye.

"Now that we're all done with the attempted murder chapter of this conversation- ",she said pointedly. Sai gave her a pleading look.

"But you said- ", he started to say in defense of himself. Maria started full-on glaring at him.

"When people say 'kill me now' while looking annoyed, they don't actually mean they want you to kill them, Sai. So next time I say that, because with you people there will be a next time, don't come at me with a kunai.", she hissed. Sai slumped over, and Shin patted him on the shoulder from beside him.

"There there Kuro, I had a hard time getting the hang of sarcasm, too.", he comforted. Maria turned her sharp gaze onto him with a groan.

"Again with this 'Kuro' shit! Sai, you said you didn't have a name when we met. Did you mean it or did you just hate your name that much for being too edgy?", the pink haired woman retorted. She was tired after the chaotic night she had just had and wanted to sleep. Sai smiled at her.

"When I was in ROOT, we couldn't have proper names. So to differentiate each other in a way that didn't involve random numbers, we gave each other names based on the color of our hair or eyes. Mine was Kuro, but I never considered it a name. It was just another title ROOT saw fit to give me. Shin was the only one who rebelled by giving himself a true name.", he explained, and Shin nodded in agreement, a far-off look in his eyes.

"Yeah, I did, didn't I? And they beat me for it. They beat us for a lot of things, come to think of it. Kami, it's been years, but I can still remember everything they used to tell us; 'emotions are a weakness', 'you have no identity'. It was all bullshit. I knew it, Kuro-sorry, Sai knew it. We just never said it out loud.", Shin said in a sad, tired voice. Maria gave him a severe look and folded her hands in front of her face like she was pre-her Sasuke.

"Shin, this is going to come as a shock, but I'm going to need you to suspend your disbelief and listen to me.", she requested. Shin mirrored her expression and nodded wordlessly. Maria sighed.

"So here's what's been happening in the world up until this point... "

—------------------------------------------------------

"So you mean to tell me that you're a demon from another world, where everyone in our world is apart of some fictional series involving Naruto, and you're apparently here to use your foreknowledge to, and I quote, 'save everyone'?", Shin asked slowly, trying to make sure he did miss anything. Maria nodded.

"You forgot about the part with the Sage of Six Paths and the toad prophecy, but yeah, that's about it.", she summed up. Shin slumped back in his seat.

"Your story sounds crazy.", Shin stated. Maria nodded.

"I know.", she agreed.

"It sounds batshit crazy."

"I know.", she nodded again

"And you've given me no reason to believe you."

"I know.", another nod. She was starting to wonder how many times she was going to end up agreeing with him, when Shin sat up and looked her dead in the eyes.

"... But you've given no reason not to believe you, either. And Sai seems to have taken quite a liking to you- "

"Maria-sama is my lady and commander. I serve her now, not Danzo.", Sai stated monotonously. Shin looked at her in horror, thinking his little brother had entered another Danzo situation for a second, but Maria quickly corrected him with a sigh.