8: Training

Hereford Base
July 14th 2016
8:57 PM

Maria is currently waiting in the track field sitting on one of the benches as she sees Leonard and Jordan approaching.

"What's this about Leo?" Maria asks with Leonard sitting next to her and pulls out his phone that has the recording of his bodycam footage. "How'd you get that?"

Leonard replies that he just asked for it earning a chuckle from Maria as Leonard plays the recording and skips ahead to the part of Davis giving him and Thermite the Intel.

"Training incidents?" Maria asks in confusion.

"Yeah and oddly enough? Jordan enlisted in the Marines in 00, and I in 06. We heard about some kind of incidents went down but we didn't hear anything specific... 09 though? Was the year I started training for the seals and during the training? A couple of guys died... Seal training is very rough and sometimes someone dies but this? This was different."

"How do you mean?" Maria asks curiously.

"Some of the old Seals were rough around the edges, they ran us pretty hard and... Let's just say the incident was kept quiet, they had us all sign NDA's for life... Some guys spoke and I never heard from them again." Leonard says.

Maria stands up pacing about thinking deeply about.

"Davis used to be a Seal but transitioned to train recruits for a few years... You recognize Davis at all?" Maria directs to Leonard who sits back trying to dig into his memory.

"I do remember Davis but he was on the way out by the time my class came around... After I became a Seal, Davis left to begin becoming an ambassador." Leonard replies making Maria hum curiously.

Maria then looks towards Jordan asking if he's familiar with Lawrence Wheeler.

"Wheeler? Yeah I worked with him a bit, even served under him for a year before he called it quits and become an ambassador... The timing of all this is curious." Jordan states as Maria nods standing up causing both men to ask her what she's planning.

"I'll go see if I can get some answers out of Wheeler, see what he knows and dig into possible targets... you two rest up for now, you'll need it." Maria says walking past with Jordan looking back and eventually at Leonard.

"Your cousin doesn't mess around." Jordan points out.

Leonard chuckles as he gets up from the bench.

"No she doesn't, once she's got a goal in mind? She won't stop till she achieves it... anyway I'm gonna head in... night Jordan." Leonard says walking away for his room.

He sighs out a yawn arriving at his room as he changes out of his clothes into a more comfortable set as he sits himself down on the bed.

He lays down with his hands interlocked closing his eyes trying to sleep. During this process, his mind thinks back to Peru and the men he lost and his near death experience.

"Why did I survive while they died?" Leonard asks himself angrily eventually snapping and hitting the nearby wall putting a hole in it.

Leonard opens his eyes to see his bruised and somewhat bloodied left hand. He sighs in annoyance as he searches his bathroom for some simple medical supplies.

Leonard begins applies a medical cream and wraps a bandage around his fist as it stings when he uses it.

His eyes eventually land on the acoustic guitar that belonged to his brother, he sighs out as the sight brings nothing but memories of Brandon.

Leonard lays down again and eventually gets himself some sleep though even that is hardly peaceful with occasional nightmares.

*Next morning.*