❆ chapter ten

warning: some underage drinking, dr*g use, mature-ish scenes (not with hyerim and haechan thank you) just a typical highschooler party :)

Tuesday at school was uneventful. Hyerim didn't really see Haechan much due to conflicting timetables and lunchtimes, but when she did see him in the hallways surrounded by his friends, he always sent a wink her way, making her scowl back at him.

Nevertheless, she was excited for tonight, thinking about the outfit that Renjun and Mark had helped her pick out. She made up scenarios in her mind as she took the bus home, excited to prepare for the party.

Hyerim wore a denim skirt, paired with a cute little graphic baby tee, and a leather jacket on top. Applying some light makeup that accentuated her features, she started straightening her hair. Finishing the look, she stared at herself in her vanity mirror, impressed with her makeup skills. She looked ravishing, if she did say so herself.

Hearing her phone ring, she fished it out from the black leather shoulder bag that she had prepared, seeing Haechan on the caller ID. Suddenly feeling a rush of nerves wash over her, she answered the call, finger shaking slightly.

"Hello?" Her voice wavered, and she swallowed deeply trying to steady it. The boy on the other line didn't notice.

"I'm outside your apartment. You can come out now if you're ready."

"Give me, like, three minutes. I'm coming."

He hummed in acknowledgement on the other end, and she ended the call, immediately looking at herself in the mirror again, smoothing her hair. Checking her bag one more time to make sure she brought everything she needed, she headed to the front door, slipping on a pair of leather ankle boots.

Hyerim made her way down the floors in the elevator, and exited the apartment building, not forgetting to greet the lobby doorman. She saw Haechan, leaning against his car, one hand in his pocket and the other scrolling on his phone. His appearance momentarily took her breath away.

He wore a simple white shirt paired with some silver chains dangling from his neck. On his lower half he wore some light-wash slim fit denim jeans, paired with some leather boots. And over the t-shirt was a black leather jacket, similar to the one that Hyerim had on at the current moment. His hair was messily strewn - he looked effortlessly attractive.

She cleared her throat when nearing him, and he looked up from his phone, eyes immediately raking up and down her figure. Letting out a low whistle, he raised his eyebrows.

"Damn."

"What?" She glowered at him. "Why are you also wearing a leather jacket?"

"Is it a crime to wear leather jackets now?" He grinned at her, opening the passenger door for her. She nodded her head at him in thanks, ducking into the car. They drove to the party, which was a while away as it was in Yongnam Hill - Haechan's area.